Almost Autumn Bath Fizzies Kit
Usage & Recommendations
Making our Almost Autumn Bath Fizzies:
Here's what's included in your kit:
- Sodium Bicarbonate - Baking Soda
- Citric Acid
- Almost Autumn Fragrance Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Diamond Dust Mica
- 24K Gold Mica
- Terracotta Twinkle Mica
- Yellow Blast Colorant
- Basic Circle Mold
Other Ingredients & Equipment You'll Need: Witch Hazel, 99% Isopropyl Alcohol, Deep Mixing Bowl, Small Mixing Bowl (4), Mixing Spoon, Scale, Disposable Gloves, Sifter (Optional), Wax Paper or Paper Plate, Measuring Spoon (tsp).
- First, weigh out your dry ingredients. In your deep mixing bowl, add 350 grams Baking Soda, 175 grams citric acid, and 1 gram of the Diamond Dust. Mix using your hands. Break up any clumps in the mixture. Optionally, you can run the mixture through a sifter. Once mixed set this bowl aside, for now.
- In your small mixing bowl weigh out 7 grams Avocado Oil, 7 grams Polysorbate 80, and 7 grams Almost Autumn Fragrance Oil. Stir.
- Next, add the wet ingredients to the bowl containing the dry ingredients. Using your hands, mix the ingredients together.
- Slowly spray mixture with witch hazel, mix mixture, and continue spritzing with witch hazel until the mixture feels like crumbly dough in your hands. Be very careful not to spray too much witch hazel into your mixture or it will over-activate the bath bomb mixture.
- Place the basic circle mold in front of you. Fill each cavity of the mold with the bath bomb mixture. You want to pack each cavity as tightly as possible. As you are filling the mold press to ensure the mixture is as compact as possible.
- Allow the bath fizzies to set up. Set up time will depend on your environment and amount of witch hazel used. Ours set up within a couple of hours. However, it can take up to 8 hours. Once set up, remove them from the mold.
- Prepare your yellow colorant. We will drizzle the bath fizzies with three colors. You will need to create thin paint-like consistency with the micas and alcohol. So, you will need one of your small mixing bowls and spoons. To the bowl, add 1 gram Yellow Blast Colorant, 1 gram 24K Gold Mica, and 1 gram Diamond Dust Mica. Add a couple of teaspoons of alcohol and stir. If the mixture is not thin enough add more alcohol until you have a thin enough mixture. Note: If you add too much alcohol, just wait about 10 minutes. Some of the alcohol will evaporate.
- Place your bath bombs on a paper plate or piece of wax paper. Drizzle each bath bomb with the yellow mica mixture using a pipette. We chose to drizzle about ? of the bath bomb with this color.
- Prepare the terracotta color. In a second small mixing bowl, add 1 gram of the Terracotta Mica. Also, add about 2 teaspoons of the alcohol. Stir. You are looking for the same consistency as the yellow. Once you have mixed the colorant, drizzle it on the bath bomb. Once again, we drizzled about ? of each bath bomb with this color.
- Finally, we prepared a gold color. Once again, in a small mixing bowl, add one gram of the 24K Gold MIca. Mix it with about 2 teaspoons of the alcohol. Then use a pipette to drizzle the gold color. We drizzled some and did some drops as well over each bath bomb. Allow the colorants to dry.
Your bath fizzies are now ready to use!
- No Recipes Found
- 3 bath bombs
- Time to Make:
- 1 hour
- Instructions Included?
What Everyone is Saying