Usage & Recommendations
Making our Gingerbread Whipped Sugar Scrub:
Here's what's included in your kit:
- SudsNGlo Bath Whip
- Gingerbread Fragrance Oil
- Vanilla White Color Stabilizer
- Coffee Shoppe Mica
- Toffee Twist Mica
- Iridescent Radiance Gold Mica
- 4 oz Low Profile Jars
- 70/400 White Straight Lids
- White SudsNGlo Soap Base
- Gingerbread Men Embed Mold
- 4 oz Bullet Bottle
- 20/410 Fine Mist Sprayer
- Disposable Pipette
Hand Mixer, Mixing Spoons (3), Mixing Bowls (3), Piping Bag and Tip (optional), Plastic Wrap (optional), Isopropyl Alcohol, Scissors, White Granulated Sugar
Prior to starting, clean and sanitize your work area, jars, lids, bowls, and any tools you will be using. It is suggested that you wear gloves and a hairnet while preparing this recipe. Fill your bullet bottle with isopropyl alcohol and place a sprayer on top.
- Weigh out one pound of the SudsNGlo Bath Whip and add 10 grams of the Gingerbread Fragrance Oil and 10 grams of the Vanilla White Color Stabilizer. Stir.
- Add one cup of white granulated sugar to the bowl. Use a hand mixer to whip the soap. You will want to whip the soap for up to five minutes.
- Separate the soap into three equal portions. Place each portion to its own bowl.
- To the first bowl, add 1 gram of the Toffee Twist Mica.
- To the second bowl, add 1 gram of the Iridescent Radiance Gold.
- To the third bowl, add 1 gram of the Coffee Shoppe Mica.
- Stir the contents of each bowl to blend the colorants.
- If you would like to pipe the soap into your jar, prepare your decorating bag by adding your decorating tip. Alternatively, you can simply layer the various colors of soap in your jars until you have filled all four.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap front of you.
- Place a row of each color on the plastic wrap. Pull the plastic wrap together into a roll, close the one end and drop the open end down into the piping bag.
- Pipe the soap into the jars and place a lid on top of each jar.
- Create the embeds. Weigh out and melt 48 grams of the white SudsNGlo Soap Base.
- Place your mold in front of you. Use a pipette to add a drop of white soap to each button, eye, mouth, and nose of four gingerbread people.
- Then, to the remaining soap, add a pinch of the Coffee Shoppe Mica and stir. If you prefer, you can mix the mica with a very small amount of alcohol to help it disperse easier prior to adding the mica.
- Pour the soap into four cavities of your mold. You will want to pour into the cavities you added the white soap in the previous step. Spray the soap with alcohol to remove air bubbles.
- Once the soap has fully set up, remove them from the mold.
- Sprinkle the top of your whipped scrub with Iridescent Radiance Gold Mica.
- Place a gingerbread person on the top of each whipped soap.
- Place a lid on each jar.
Your whipped soap is now ready to use! Enjoy!
- No Recipes Found
- 4 Jars
- Time to Make:
- 30 minutes
- Instructions Included?