Soap Making Kits
Winter Wonderland CP Soap Kit
Usage & Recommendations
Making our Winter Wonderland CP Soap:
Here's what's included in your kit:
- Sodium Hydroxide (Lye)
- Shea Butter Melt and Pour Soap Base
- Sunflower Oil High Oleic
- Mango Butter
- Cocoa Butter
- Coconut Oil- 76 degree
- Shea Butter
- Apricot Kernel Oil
- Castor Oil
- Glacier Falls Type Fragrance Oil
- Sapphire Stilettos Mica
- Diamond Dust Mica
- Iridescent Radiance Mica
- Safety Goggles
- Safety Gloves
- Silicone Snowflake Mold
- Silicone Loaf Mold
Other Ingredients & Equipment You'll Need:
- Distilled Water
- Stick Blender
- Mixing Bowls
- Rubber Spatula
- Safety Mask
- Wooden Skewer
Clean and sanitize your work area and all of your packaging materials. It is suggested that you wear gloves, protective clothing, a face mask, safety glasses, and a hair net while preparing this recipe.
This kit is not recommended for beginner soap makers. If you have not made soap before it is imperative that you become familiar with basic cold process soap making and soap making safety before attempting this recipe.
Note: If you have never made soap before, it is imperative that you become familiar with soap making safety and procedures before preparing this recipe. If you are not familiar with soap making safety and procedures, you should not use this kit. You will also want to wear a face mask, apron, gloves, goggles, long sleeves, long pants, and close toed shoes the entire time you are preparing this recipe. You will also need to prepare a bottle of vinegar and place it close by. Any equipment used for soap making should not be used for any other purpose.
- Prepare your MP soap. Weigh out and melt 144 grams of the Shea Butter MP Soap Base. Add 4 grams of the Glacier Falls Type Fragrance Oil. Stir. Pour the soap into 8 cavities of the snowflake mold and allow to set up before removing them from the mold. Set aside, for now.
- In a small mixing bowl, weigh out 249 grams distilled water.
- In a separate bowl, weight out 102 grams Sodium Hydroxide (lye). Slowly, add a small amount of the lye to the bowl containing the water. Stir until the mixture is clear. Repeat this process until you have added and dissolved all of the lye in the water. Set your lye solution aside where it will not be disturbed. Note: Always add the lye to the water. NEVER add the water to the lye.
- In an empty deep mixing bowl, weigh out the oils and butters. You will need 130 grams Sunflower Oil High Oleic, 109 grams Mango Butter, 57 grams Cocoa Butter, 188 grams Coconut Oil, 101 grams Shea Butter, 102 grams Apricot Kernel Oil, and 31 grams Castor Oil. Melt your oils and butters. This can be done using a microwave at 50% power in 30-second intervals or using a double boiler. Melt the oils and butters only until they are in a fluid state.
- Once your oils have melted, set this bowl aside, for now.
- Prepare your fragrance oil. In a small mixing bowl, weigh out 28 grams of the Glacier Falls Type Fragrance Oil. Set aside.
- Prepare your colorants. You will need 3 small mixing bowls. To one bowl, add 3 grams Titanium Dioxide and 1 gram Diamond Dust Mica. Mix with a small amount of your soaping oils. Set this aside. To the second bowl, add 2 grams Sapphire Stilettos Mica and mix with a small amount of your soaping oils. To the third bowl, add about ⅛ teaspoon Sapphire Stilettos Mica and just a pinch of the Diamond Dust Mica (we used about 1/16 tsp). Mix this one with a small amount of your soaping oils as well. Set these aside, for now.
- Once both your soaping oils and lye solution are at room temperature (72F) and you have verified this with your thermometer, you are ready to begin putting everything together. Plug in your stick blender and place the mold in your soaping area. Also, have paper towels and vinegar in your area to clean up any messes.
- Add your lye solution to your soaping oils. Use a stick blender to emulsify the mixture.
- Add your fragrance oil and mix until blended.
- Separate your soap batter into three equal portions. Add one of your colorants to each portion and mix until fully blended.
- Once your soap batter has reached a light trace, place your mold in front of you horizontally. You want to pour a few thin lines of the white soap batter horizontally into the mold. Then, repeat with the next color. Then, with the third color. Repeat this process until you have used all of your soap batter.
- Next, while your mold is still horizontally in front of you, use your wooden skewer to swirl the soap. Place the wooden skewer in to top left corner of the mold, pressing it all the way down into the soap batter. Move it from top to bottom in a crescent moon pattern, working your way across the mold.
- Add your snowflake embeds. Dust with the Iridescent Radiance Mica.
- After 24-48 hours remove the soap from the mold, cut, and allow to cure for 4-6 weeks.
- 8 bars
- Time to Make:
- 4 Hours
- Instructions Included?