Homemade Facial Night Cream Kit
(You save )
If you've been looking for a natural homemade face cream recipe that gets great results, you don't have to look any further. Our Facial Night Cream Kit provides you with everything you need to make luxurious, thick, and moisturizing calendula flower infused facial night cream from scratch. It also makes a great gift, because it comes with complete instructions and provides enough ingredients to make four 4 oz jars of DIY facial cream.
Share this product:
Usage & Recommendations
Making our Facial Night Cream:
Here's what's included in your kit:
- Dried Calendula Flowers
- Vegetable Glycerin
- Cocoa Butter
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Grapeseed Oil
- Vitamin E Oil
- Emulsifying Wax
- Stearic Acid
- Optiphen Preservative
- Plastic Transfer Pipettes
- 4 Clear 4 ounce Jars with Lids
- Clean & Sanitize your work area and all of your packaging materials. It is suggested that you wear gloves, protective clothing, and a hair net while preparing this recipe.
- Prepare the calendula infused flower water: Measure out 6 grams of dried, whole calendula flowers and 320 grams of Distilled water. Place distilled water into a small pot and heat it to at least 180F, and hold for 20 minutes to kill bacteria. Place a coffee filter inside of a bowl (size used for cereal). Place calendula flowers on top of coffee filter and pour hot, distilled water over them. Allow to steep. Strain calendula flowers through coffee filter by gently squeezing water over the flowers. What you have now is called a Calendula Flower Water infusion. Weigh out 286 grams of the calendula infusion and add 23 grams of vegetable glycerin. Mix. There should not be any flower petals floating in your mixture.
- Prepare Oil Phase: Weigh out the following, and using a double boiler, melt them to 140F: Cocoa butter (18 grams), Avocado Oil (45 grams), Castor Oil (18 grams), Grapeseed Oil (4 grams), Vitamin E Oil (4 grams), Emulsifying Wax (36 grams), Stearic Acid (5 grams).
- Emulsification Process: Take Calendula infusion/vegetable glycerin mixture and mix it into your Oil phase mixture. Take a temperature of your mixture. You want it to be around 120F when you add your preservative. Once your mixture is 120F, add 6 grams of Optiphen preservative. Using a stick blender, thoroughly mix until you have a thick cream. Allow to cool, and use.
Note: Using the preservative is absolutely necessary when reselling this facial cream. However, if you are making it for yourself and do not want to have preservative on your face, store this finished cream in a refrigerator up to 1 week in between uses.
Your night cream is now ready to use!
- No Recipes Found
- 4 Jars
- Time to Make:
- 1 Hour
- Instructions Included?
What Everyone is Saying
Products You Also Might Love
Homemade Cheesecake Fragrance Oil
Now: Starting at $3.14+
Cocoa Dream Cream Homemade Lotion Kit
Homemade Hair Conditioner Kit
Frappe Mocha Cream Coffee Lotion Kit
Pampered Foot Homemade Foot Scrub Kit