Frappe Mocha Cream Coffee Lotion Kit
Usage & Recommendations
Making our Coffee Lotion:
Here's what's included in your kit:
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Traditional Emulsifying Wax
- Cocoa Butter
- Stearic Acid
- Vitamin E Oil
- Optiphen Preservative
- World's Best Coffee Fragrance Oil
- Chocolate Fudge Fragrance Oil
- Real, fresh ground coffee beans
- Coffee Filter
- Plastic Transfer Pipettes
- 4 Clear 4 ounce Jars with Lids
Other Ingredients & Equipment You'll Need: Distilled Water, Mixing Bowl, Stainless Steel Spoon, Stovetop, Pots, Stick Blender, Spatula, Scale
- Clean & Sanitize your work area and all of your packaging materials. It is suggested that you wear gloves, protective clothing, and a hair net while preparing this recipe.
- Heat your distilled water (approximately 500 grams) up to at least 180F and hold for 20 minutes to destroy any bacteria. Now, place a little less than 1/2 cup of dry, ground coffee beans inside a coffee filter (inside a strainer), and pour your heated water over it; creating strong coffee. Remove from heat and set aside. Make sure that you have 353 grams of fresh brewed coffee for your recipe. If not, add more water until you have the required amount of fresh brewed coffee. Set this aside.
- In another container (double boiler is recommended), heat the following weighed out ingredients: 48 grams sweet almond oil, 24 grams Silky or traditional emulsifying wax, 10 grams Cocoa Butter, 8 grams Stearic Acid, 5 grams Vitamin E Oil to around 140 F.
- You want to move quickly, ensuring that your water phase and oil phase mixtures are around 140F. In large bowl combine those ingredients and blend well (stick blender highly recommended). Mixture will turn brown in color and begin to emulsify.
- Allow your mixture to cool to around 120F, and add 7 grams Optiphen preservative, 5 grams coffee fragrance oil, and 1 gram chocolate fudge fragrance oil. Mix thoroughly. Allow to cool to room temperature and place into jars.
- If you would like to create the appearance of a "whipped cream" look on top of your frappe mocha body cream, simply divide this recipe by 4, and make the cream with distilled water instead of fresh brewed coffee. Then, place the "whipped cream" on top of the mocha layer, and sprinkle some dry coffee grounds on top.
Your lotion is now ready to use!
- No Recipes Found
- 4 Jars
- Time to Make:
- 1 Hour
- Instructions Included?
What Everyone is Saying