Cocoa Dream Cream Homemade Lotion Kit
Usage & Recommendations
Making our Cocoa Dream Cream Lotion:
Here's what's included in your kit:
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Traditional Emulsifying Wax
- Cocoa Butter
- Stearic Acid
- Vitamin E Oil
- Optiphen Preservative
- Butter Brickle Fragrance Oil
- Plastic Transfer Pipettes
- 4 Clear 4 ounce Jars with Lids
- Clean & Sanitize your work area and all of your packaging materials. It is suggested that you wear gloves, protective clothing, and a hair net while preparing this recipe.
- Water Phase: Heat your distilled water up to at least 180F and hold for 20 minutes to destroy any bacteria. Remove from heat and set aside. Make sure that you have 353 grams of water for your recipe. Set this aside.
- Oil Phase: In another container (double boiler is recommended), heat the following weighed out ingredients: 48 grams sweet almond oil , 24 grams traditional emulsifying wax, 10 grams Cocoa Butter, 8 grams Stearic Acid, 5 grams Vitamin E Oil to around 140 F.
- Mixing Phase: You want to move quickly, ensuring that your water phase and oil phase mixtures are around 140F. In large bowl combine those ingredients and blend well (stick blender highly recommended). Mixture will turn white in color and begin to emulsify.
- Cool Down Phase: Allow your mixture to cool to around 120F, and add 7 grams Optiphen preservative, 6 grams Natures Garden Butter Brickle fragrance oil. Mix thoroughly. Allow to cool to room temperature and place into jars.
- Sprinkle the top of your jarred cream with just a touch of real cocoa.
Your lotion is now ready to use!
- No Recipes Found
- 4 Jars
- Time to Make:
- 1 Hour
- Instructions Included?
What Everyone is Saying
Products You Also Might Love