Soap Making Kits
Mermaids at Midnight Cold Process Soap Kit
Usage & Recommendations
Making our Mermaids at Midnight Soap:
Here's what's included in your kit:
- Olive Oil Pomace
- Mermaids at Midnight Fragrance Oil
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Shea Butter
- Mango Butter
- Coconut Oil 76
- Neon Blue FUN Soap Colorant
- Ultramarine Blue FUN Soap Colorant
- Titanium Dioxide
- Silicone Soap Mold
- Safety Glasses
- Safety Gloves
Other Ingredients & Equipment You'll Need: Distilled Water, Mixing Bowls, Mixing Spoons, Rubber Spatula, Scale, Stick Blender, Vinegar, Wooden Skewer or Lollipop Stick.
- Clean and sanitize your work area and all of your packaging materials. It is suggested that you wear gloves, protective clothing, a face mask, safety glasses, and a hair net while preparing this recipe.
- Prepare your lye solution. Allow the lye solution to cool to room temperature.
- While you are waiting for your lye solution to cool, prepare your soaping oils. Once your oils are melted, allow them to cool to room temperature.
- While you are waiting for your oils and lye solution to cool, prepare the colorants listed above.
- When both the soaping oils and the lye solution are at room temperature, combine the lye solution with the soaping oils. Next, stick blend the soap batter to emulsify the ingredients. Next, add the Mermaids at Midnight Fragrance Oil and mix.
- Begin dividing the soap batter. First place ? of the soap batter into one of your mixing bowls. Divide the remaining soap batter into four equal portions. Add the titanium dioxide mixture to the larger portion and blend. Then, add one of the blue colorants listed above to each of the four remaining bowls. Blend the contents of each bowl.
- Place your mold in front of you. Divide the white soap equally into three cavities of the silicone mold. Then, pour a small amount of each color down the length of each cavity of the mold. Then, repeat this process until you have used all of your soap batter.
- Tap the mold on your countertop to release any air bubbles. Use a wooden skewer or lollipop stick to swirl the top of your soap until you are happy with the swirls.
- Allow the soap to set up. After 48 hours, remove the soap from the mold. When ready, cut the soap into slices. Allow the soap to cure before using.
Your soap is now ready to use!
- No Recipes Found
- 3 Pounds
- Time to Make:
- 3 Hours
- Instructions Included?
What Everyone is Saying
Products You Also Might Love