Usage & Recommendations
Making our Berry Merry CP Soap:
Here's what you'll get in this CP Soap starter kit:
- Berry Merry Christmas Fragrance Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Safflower Oil
- Castor Oil
- Coconut Oil 76
- Mango Butter
- Meadowfoam Seed Oil
- Glistening Garnet Mica Powder
- FUN Soap Colorant - Tomato Red
- Sparkling Pine Mica Powder
- New 24k Gold Mica Powder
- New Diamond Dust Mica Powder
- Titanium Dioxide Oil & Water Dispersible
- Square Loaf Mold
- Safety Glasses
- Safety Gloves
- Disposable Pipettes
- Nature's Garden Apron
- Mitre Box
- Soap Cutter
Other Ingredients & Equipment You'll Need: Distilled Water, Mixing Bowls, Mixing Spoons, Rubber Spatula, Scale, Stick Blender, Mask, Vinegar, Wooden Skewer, Decorating Bag with Piping Tip.
- Prepare your lye solution. Allow the lye solution to cool to room temperature.
- While you are waiting for your lye solution to cool, prepare your soaping oils. Once your oils are melted, allow them to cool to room temperature.
- While you are waiting for your oils and lye solution to cool, prepare the colorants listed above. Mix each colorant in a small mixing bowl. Also, mix the mica and oil for the gold swirl that will be used to top our soap. Set the gold mixture aside for now. It will be used in a later step.
- When both the soaping oils and the lye solution are at room temperature, combine them. Next, stick blend the soap batter to emulsify the ingredients. Then, add the Berry Merry Christmas Fragrance Oil. Once again, stick blend your soap batter to incorporate the scent.
- Separate the soap batter into four equal portions. Add one of the colorants to each bowl. Use a rubber spatula to mix the contents of each bowl. You want to make sure all of the colorants are fully blended.
- Now, place your mold in front of you. Pour the white soap batter into the mold.
- Begin pouring the remaining soap batter into the mold. Begin by pouring a couple rows of the dark green soap batter into the mold. Then, do the same with the light green soap batter. Finally, pour a couple lines of the red soap batter. Repeat this process, alternating colors until you have about 2 ounces of each color left.
- Set the red soap batter aside, for now, we will use this to pipe berries in a later step.
- Down the length of the mold, top your soap with a thin line of dark green soap batter. Next, add a thin line of the light green soap batter. Then, another line of dark green followed by another light green line. Finally, in between each of the lines, use your pipette to place gold mica lines.
- Place the tip of your wooden skewer about ¼” into one of the corners of the soap mold. Swirl the soap using a figure 8 pattern until you reach the opposite end of the mold.
- You will now need your piping bag. Add the red soap batter. Place dots in clusters of three periodically on top of the loaf.
- Tap the mold on your countertop to release any air bubbles. Allow the soap to set up for 24-48 hours before removing it from the mold. Slice the soap and allow it to cure before using.
Your soap is ready to use! Enjoy!
Note: If you have never made CP soap before, this kit is not recommended. Also, when making cold process soap it is imperative that you become familiar with soap making safety and procedures before preparing this recipe. If you are not familiar with soap making safety and procedures, you should not use this kit. You will also want to wear a face mask, apron, gloves, goggles, long sleeves, long pants, and close toed shoes the entire time you are preparing this recipe. You will also need to prepare a bottle of vinegar and place it close by. Any equipment used for soap making should not be used for any other purpose.
- 3.5 pounds
- Time to Make:
- 3 hours
- Instructions Included?