Soap Making Kits
MP Drop Swirl Cold Process Soap Kit
(You save )
This unique MP Drop Swirl cold process soap kit combines both melt and pour soap and cold process soap adding a fun twist to both forms of soap making. You get to make your own cold process soap with an MP soap drop swirl. This kit makes a great gift, but it's important to note that if you've never made cold process soap, you must be familiar with the basics of cold process soap making and soap making safety before you give it a try.
Share this product:
Usage & Recommendations
Making our MP Drop Swirl Cold Process Soap:
Here's what's included in your kit:
- Shea Butter Melt & Pour Soap Base
- Jellyfish Bubbles Fragrance Oil
- Vanilla White Color Stabilizer
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Palm Oil
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil 76
- Avocado Oil
- Safflower Oil
- Shea Butter
- Neon Blue FUN Soap Colorant
- Neon Pink FUN Soap Colorant
- Neon Red FUN Soap Colorant
- Ultramarine Violet FUN Soap Colorant
- Black Oxide FUN Soap Colorant
- Silicone Soap Mold
- Safety Glasses
- Safety Glasses
- Nature's Garden Apron
- Mitre Box
- Soap Cutter
Other Ingredients & Equipment You'll Need: Distilled Water, Mixing Bowls, Mixing Spoons, Rubber Spatula, Scale, Stick Blender, Vinegar, Safety Mask, Hair Net.
- Clean and sanitize your work area and all of your packaging materials. It is suggested that you wear gloves, protective clothing, a face mask, safety glasses, and a hair net while preparing this recipe.
- Prepare your lye solution. In a mixing bowl, weigh out your water. In a separate bowl, weigh out your lye. Slowly, add a small amount of the lye to the water and stir. Repeat this process until you have added all of the lye. Allow the lye solution to cool to room temperature. NOTE: Always add your lye to your water. NEVER add water to the lye.
- While you are waiting for your lye solution to cool, prepare your soaping oils. Weigh out and melt 63 grams Sweet Almond Oil, 63 grams Olive Oil Pomace, 63 grams Palm Oil, 95 grams Avocado Oil, 95 grams Shea Butter, 95 grams Safflower Oil, 156 grams Coconut Oil 76. Allow them to cool to room temperature.
- While you are waiting for your oils and lye solution to cool, prepare some of the other ingredients. You will need four deep mixing bowls. To each bowl, add 225 grams of the Shea Butter Melt and Pour Soap Base. Set these aside for the moment. Then, you will need four small bowls. To each bowl, add 11 grams of the Jellyfish Bubbles Fragrance Oil.
- When both the soaping oils and the lye solution are at room temperature, combine the lye solution to the soaping oils. Next, stick blend the soap batter to emulsify the ingredients. Next, add black FUN Soap Colorant. We used 25 drops of color and left this portion unscented. Once again stick blend to incorporate the colorant. At a very light trace, you will pour the batter into the mold. Divide the soap batter equally between each of the four cavities. Each cavity should be about halfway full.
- While this isnt really a step, I do feel it is important to note. In this recipe, we will be doing a drop swirl. This is typically done with cold process soap. In this case, the fragrance oil isnt the best of scents for cold process soap. However, we all know that sometimes a fragrance oil is so AMAZING that we have to find a way to use it in CP soap. Since I love the benefits of CP soap, I was determined because I couldnt pass this scent up! So, in this case, we will be using the Shea Butter MP Soap Base to create the drop swirls, scenting only the MP soap in this recipe.
- Melt the first round of MP soap in 30-second intervals in the microwave until it is fluid. Then, add one of the colorants listed above, the Vanilla White Color Stabilizer and the Jellyfish Bubbles Fragrance Oil. Stir. Pour some of the melted soap into the soap mold. I poured my soap in lines down the length of each cavity of the mold keeping about half for a second round. Now, repeat this process creating each color of melt and pour soap and adding it to the CP soap in the mold until you have just a small amount of each color left. Use any leftover MP soap to top each loaf.
- Normally, you would want to tap the mold to release any air bubbles, in this case, we did not. With a name like Jellyfish Bubbles, we chose to embrace them!
- Once your soap has set up, remove it from the mold. Slice the soap and allow it to cure for 4-6 weeks.
Your soap is now ready to use!
- No Recipes Found
- 4 Pounds
- Time to Make:
- 3 Hours
- Instructions Included?
What Everyone is Saying
Products You Also Might Love
Mermaids at Midnight Cold Process Soap Kit
Champagne Cold Process Soap Kit
Waffles MP Soap Kit
Raspberry Mojito MP Soap Kit
Royal MP Soap Kit