Soap Making Kits
Loofah Melt and Pour Soap Kit
Usage & Recommendations
Making our Loofah Melt & Pour Soap:
Here's what's included in your kit:
- Melt & Pour Soap Base
- Grapefruit Mango Fragrance Oil
- Caribbean Sunset Fragrance Oil
- Grapefruit Peel Powder
- Vegetable Glycerin
- Natural Loofah
- Soap Mold
- Jailhouse Red FUN Soap Colorant
- Da Bomb Yellow Soap Dye
Other Ingredients & Equipment You'll Need: Mixing Bowl, Mixing Spoon, Rubbing Alcohol, Knife, Cutting Board, Microwave.
- Clean and sanitize your work area and all of your packaging materials. Also, prepare a bottle of rubbing alcohol and place a sprayer on top. It is suggested that you wear gloves, protective clothing, and a hair net while preparing this recipe.
- First, prepare your grapefruit peel powder. You will need 4 grams of grapefruit peel powder. Mix the with about 12 grams of vegetable glycerin. Mix until you have a paste consistency. Set this aside, we will come back to it.
- Now, prepare your loofah. You will want to slice the loofah. You will need the slices cut to about 1 inch. Finally, place one slice into each cavity of your mold.
- Begin slicing your melt and pour soap. You will need to cut and weigh out 225 grams of Mango Butter Melt and Pour Soap. Next, melt it in the microwave in 30-second bursts until the base is melted. Be careful not to overheat your base.
- Once the base is melted, add 11 grams of your choice of either Caribbean Sunset or Grapefruit Mango Fragrance Oil. Then, add 6 drops of Jailhouse Red FUN Soap Colorant. Mix to incorporate the colorant and fragrance oil. Add your paste of grapefruit peel powder & vegetable glycerin to the soap mixture and mix well.
- Next, pour the soap base into the mold. This will fill each cavity about halfway full. Spray the soap base with rubbing alcohol and allow this layer to fully harden before moving to the next step.
- Now we will prepare the next clear layer. Once again, in the microwave, melt 225 grams of Diamond Clear Melt and Pour Soap.
- Once melted, add 11 grams of your fragrance oil and 2 drops of Yellow Da Bomb Soap Dye. Stir to incorporate.
- Before pouring your yellow layer, spray the previous layer with rubbing alcohol. Then, pour the melted base directly on top of your previous layer. Allow the soaps to completely harden before removing them from the molds. Your layered mango loofah melt and pour soaps are now ready to use! Enjoy!
Your loofah soap is now ready to use!
- No Recipes Found
- 3 Bars
- Time to Make:
- 1 Hour
- Instructions Included?
What Everyone is Saying