Candle Making Kits
Soy Wax Candle Making Kit
Usage & Recommendations
Making our Soy Wax Candles:
Our soy wax candle making kit includes:
- 3 lbs Nature's Garden Soy Wax
- 2 Color blocks
- 4 x 1 oz. fragrances (Hot Baked Apple Pie, Vanilla Silk, Fresh Linen, and Floral Bouquet)
- 12 x 6-inch wicks
- 12 Hexagon Jars with lids
- Complete instructions
Other Ingredients You'll Need: Pouring Pot, Pot (for double boiler), Mixing Spoon (do not use plastic), Stainless or Glass Measuring Cup, Stainless Measuring Spoon, Pot Holders, Stove, Thermometer, Hot Glue Gun & Hot Glue Sticks.
- Before you begin melting your wax, make sure you have your containers ready to be filled. Use a hot glue gun and stick your wicks to the bottom of all of your containers.
- Place the pot (with 1/2" of water) on the stove or hot plat on low heat. Place an empty pouring pot inside the cake pan to create a double boiler effect.
- Place 1 pound of wax + 1/8 of a color block (or less if you desire a pastel colored candle) inside the pouring pot and melt the entire mixture to 175 degrees F. Use your thermometer to monitor the temperature. Thoroughly mix the wax mixture.
- Once the mixture is 175 degrees F, remove from the heat. Allow the wax temperature to cool to approximately 130 degrees F. Quickly add 1 oz. to 1 1/2 oz. fragrance oil, stir the mixture. Once the mixture is slushy in appearance (around 110 degrees F), pour the mixture into your containers.
- Allow candle to cool at room temperature. Make sure your wicks are straight. Soy Candles will naturally have a mottled appearance, however pouring the wax when it is slushy will reduce this mottled appearance.
- For best results, allow your candles to set for at least 3 days... then you are ready to burn them!
- No Recipes Found
- 11 Candles
- Time to Make:
- 1 1/2 Hours
- Instructions Included?
What Everyone is Saying