Candle Making Kits
Joy Wax Candle Making Kit
Usage & Recommendations
Making our Joy Wax Candles:
Our Joy Wax candle making kit contains:
- 3 lbs Joy Wax
- 2 Color blocks
- 4 x 1 oz. fragrances
- 12 x 6-inch wicks
- 12 Hexagon Jars with lids
- Complete instructions
Other Ingredients You'll Need: Pouring Pot, Large Pot (you will put one-half inch water in this pot to create a double boiler effect), Stainless or Wooden Spoon, Measuring Cup, Measuring Spoon, Potholders, Stove, Thermometer, Hot Glue Gun, Hot Glue Sticks.
- Before you begin melting your Joy Wax, make sure you have your containers ready to be filled. Use a hot glue gun and stick your wicks to the bottom of all of your containers.
- Place the large pot (with one-half inch of water) on the stove or hot plate over low heat. Place an empty pouring pot inside the cake pan to create a double boiler effect.
- Place 1 lb of Joy Wax + 1/8 of a color block (or less if you desire a pastel-colored candle) inside the pouring pot and melt the entire mixture to 200 degrees F. Monitor the temperature with your thermometer. Thoroughly mix the wax mixture.
- Remove from the heat when the mixture reaches 200 degrees F. Allow the wax temperature to cool to approximately 170 degrees F.
- Add 1 oz to 1.5 oz of fragrance oil and stir the mixture thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into your containers.
- Allow candle to cool at room temperature. Make sure your wicks are straight.
For best results, allow your candles to set for at least 3 days.
- No Recipes Found
- 11 Candles
- Time to Make:
- 1 1/2 hours
- Instructions Included?
What Everyone is Saying