Usage & Recommendations
Making our Tonka and Tobacco Candles:
Here's what you'll get in this candle starter kit:
- Golden Brands 464 Soy Wax
- Pillar of Bliss Candle Wax
- Cappuccino Color Block
- Brown Color Block
- Black Color Block
- Mason Jars with Lids
- Warning Labels
- HTP Candle Wicks
Other Ingredients & Equipment You'll Need: Scale, Mixing Spoon, Mixing Bowl, Stove Top, Pots (For Double Boiler), Hot Glue Gun, Glue Sticks, Hand Mixer or Whisk, Portion Cup (included), Knife or Vegetable Peeler.
- Prepare your jars. You will need four Mason jars. Use a hot glue gun to adhere an HTP 52 candle wick to the bottom center of each jar.
- In a pouring pot, weigh out 360 grams of the 464 soy wax. Add 4 grams of a brown color block and a small shred of a black color block. Melt the wax using a double boiler, allowing it to heat to 185F. Stir to blend the colorant with the wax.
- Once your wax is melted, add 36 grams of the fragrance oil. Stir.
- Next, when the temperature of the wax has dropped to 110F, pour 99 grams of the melted wax into each jar. Pour at a slow and steady pace in the center of the jar. You do not want any wax to splash onto the sides of the jars. Center your wick and allow the wax to set up completely before moving on.
- Prepare your next layer. Once again, weigh out 360 grams of the 464 soy wax. Also, add a small amount of the cappuccino color block to the pouring pot. We used less than 1 gram of the color block to achieve dark cream color. Melt the wax to 185F.
- At 185F, add 36 grams of the Tonka and Tobacco Fragrance Oil. Stir. Let the temperature drop to 110F before pouring 99 grams of the wax into each jar. Center your wick. Allow this layer to set up before moving on.
- The third layer will brown. Weigh and melt 360 grams of the 464 soy wax. Also, add 4 grams of the brown color block and a shred of the black block. Allow the wax to melt to 185F. Stir.
- Once the wax has melted, add 36 grams of the fragrance oil. Stir. Let the temperature drop to 110F before pouring 99 grams of the wax into each jar. Keep the wick centered. Allow the wax to set up.
- Prepare the whipped wax. Weigh out and melt 360 grams of the soy wax. Melt to 185F. This portion will remain uncolored.
- Add 36 grams of the fragrance oil at 185F. Stir. Pour the wax into a mixing bowl. Allow the wax to cool. When you notice it is setting up around the edges of the bowl, begin whipping the wax until you have a whipped frosting consistency. You can use a hand mixer or a whisk.
- Place about 99 grams of wax on top of each candle. Remember to keep the wicks centered as you are placing the wax on top of the candle.
- Weigh out about 1 ounce of the Pillar of Bliss Candle Wax. Melt the wax with a very small amount of the cappuccino color block to 195F. Let the temperature drop to 150F and pour the wax into a portion cup. Allow to set up before removing from the portion cup.
- Shred a small amount of the wax on top of each candle. We used a vegetable peeler, but you could also use a knife.
- No Recipes Found
- 4 Candles
- Time to Make:
- 3 Hours
- Instructions Included?
What Everyone is Saying