11 oz Distilled Water
1.4 oz Apricot Kernel Oil
1.4 oz Grapeseed Oil
23 grams Polysorbate 80
23 grams BTMS 25
14 grams Chamomile Fragrance Oil
3 grams Optiphen
1 gram Vitamin E Oil
Yellow DaBomb Soap Dye (optional)
Clean & Sanitize your work area and all of your packaging materials. It is suggested that you wear gloves, protective clothing, and a hair net while preparing this recipe.
1. Combine apricot kernel oil, grapeseed oil, Polysorbate 80, vitamin E oil, and BTMS; heat to 170F and hold for 20 minutes to destroy any bacteria and ensure emulsification. Remove from heat.
2. Heat your water in separate container to 170F , hold for 20 minutes to destroy any bacteria and ensure emulsification. Remove from heat.
3. Combine oil mixture & water in large bowl and blend with emulsifying stick blender.
4. Cover and let cool to 120F temperature.
5. Blend again until light and fluffy.
6. While mixture is 120F, add your optiphen preservative, Da Bomb Soap Dye, and Chamomile fragrance oil.
7. Allow to completely cool.
Natures Garden is not responsible for the performance of any of the recipes provided on our website. Testing is your responsibility. If you plan to resell any recipes we provide, it is your responsibility to adhere to all FDA regulations. If there are ingredients listed in a recipe that Natures Garden does not sell, we cannot offer any advice on where to purchase those ingredients.
We hope that you enjoy our chamomile light lotion recipe!
Recipe provided by:
Natures Art Soap Co.