1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: My name is Autumn Burgess and my business name is Skin Sweets & Body Treats.
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? When I first started my business I started with making jewelry. From there I started to add bath and body items, starting with lip balms and sugar scrubs. My motivation for starting these projects was because I wanted to make my own items in order to save some money! I started out selling my items in 2010. Just this year though have I really gotten into the cold process method of soaping making and this has been a total addiction.
3. What products do you make and sell? I make lotions, lip balms, sugar scrubs, body perfumes, soap, soap and more soap!
4. What are your business goals? Right now I am an online retailer as well as person to person sales (craft fairs). I suppose it’s every soapmaker’s dream to have a store front, and yes that would be totally awesome, but right now I like my balance of having a day job and then having that creative outlet which is soapmaking.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? Just this year have I discovered Natures Garden and now it is my go to for fragrance oils! Love the amazing selection; I will spend countless hours looking through fragrances and still don’t feel like I’ve even scratched the surface with all NG offers. My next purchase will be some essential oils as I’m trying to expand my comfort zone. I also love the recipes that NG provides.
Your Website: www.etsy.com/shop/skinsweetsbodytreats
Facebook page: Skin Sweets & Body Treats