CT River Candles is located in Haddam, Connecticut on the banks of the Connecticut River. Our soy candles are hand poured using 100% soy wax. We use the finest fragrance oils designed to provide the maximum scent possible. Over 60 scents are available in three jar styles and candles can be requested dyed or undyed with either black or nickel lids. Our most popular jar style is our 16oz CT River Inspired Mason Jar. It features Connecticut River photos on the label and customers love this look. We also make Soy Melts, Tarts, Soy Wax Dipped Plush Dog and Cat Air Fresheners and sell candle accessories. Purchases can be made on our website or at one of over 30 retail locations.
1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: Brenda Hunter, CT River Candles
2. Why did you decide to go into business? I started my business in 2007. I had been out of work due to back surgery and started searching candlemaking to pass the time while I was laid up in bed. By the time returning to work came around, I decided that a career change would be better for my mind and body. Since we had also changed our residence during this period to a home on the Connecticut River, I decided it was the perfect name for my business.
3. What products do you make and sell? I sell Soy Candles in 3 size jars as well as Soy Melts, Tarts, Firestarters, Auto Scent Tins, Soy Wax dipped Plush Dog and Cat Air Fresheners as well as Candle Accessories.
4. What are your business goals? My goal has and continues to be, to continue to grow my business while maintaining the quality and attention to detail that my customers have come to expect and appreciate.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? My favorite Natures Garden products would be your fragrance oils. They are great quality and you have a wonderful selection and reasonable prices.