Usage & Recommendations
Making our Bonfire Candle:
Our bonfire candle making kit includes:
- Palm Pillar Wax
- Pillar of Bliss Wax
- Brown Nature Friendly Color Block
- Round Pillar Candle Molds
- CD Candle Wick
- Warning Labels for Candles
- Bowtie Wick Bar
- Toffee Twist Mica
- Wick Stickers
Other Ingredients You'll Need:Mixing Spoons, Scale, Pot (for double boiler), Pouring Pot (sold separately), Thermometer (sold separately)
- Prepare your mold. You will need one of the 3 x 4.5 inch round pillar molds. Thread a wick through the hole in the bottom of each of the molds. Then, plug the hole in the bottom of the mold. You can use wick stickers to completely seal the hole, hot glue, or mold seal.
- From time-to-time pillar molds can leak as a precaution do not place your mold directly on your countertop. We placed ours inside a silicone mold to protect the surface. You can also place your pillar mold on a pan lined with wax paper.
- Weigh out and melt 460 grams of the Palm Pillar Wax to 210F.
- Once the wax has melted, add 46 grams of the Bonfire Fragrance Oil. Stir.
- Pour the wax into the mold, at 200F. Allow the candles to cool slowly. You may notice air pockets. This can happen if your candle cools too quickly. If you have air pockets, you will need to do a second pour. When the wax has set up but is still warm, poke relief holes using a skewer. Reheat your wax to 200F and pour. Allow the candle to set up.
- Once your candle has fully cooled, remove the adhesive from the bottom of the mold as will as the wick tab. Remove the candle from the mold.
- Weigh out 225 grams of the Pillar of Bliss Candle Wax. As the wax is melting, add about 1/8 of a brown Nature Friendly Color Block. Stir occasionally as the wax is melting. Allow the wax to reach 195F so the color fully binds with the wax.
- Allow the temperature to drop to 165F. Dip the bottom of candle into the wax covering just an inch or two of the pillar. Repeat this process a couple more times or until you are happy with the coverage. Place the candle on a pan lined with wax paper to finish setting up.
- Once your candle has set up, dust the outside of the pillar with the Toffee Twist Mica along the line where the Pillar of Bliss meets the Palm Wax. Use your finger to smudge it a bit.
- Once the candle cures you will just need to trim the wick before using.
- No Recipes Found
- 1 candle
- Time to Make:
- 4 Hours
- Instructions Included?