1. What’s your name & Your Company Name? Nichole, Nichole’s Candle Creations
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you
been in business? Back in 2007, I got injured on the job as a patient care assistant and ended up out of work for a period of time. Since I had extra time on my hands, I wanted to learn how to make candles. It originally started as just a hobby. I then started trying to come up with unique ideas and decided to allow others to purchase my art. My motivation was to allow others to have something with a personal touch versus something you would just pick up in the store. I have been working out of my home since 2011.
3. What products do you make and sell? I currently sell tea lights, rose shaped candle melts, heart shape candle melts, cat candles, heart candles, votives, and lip balms. My candles are made out of crème wax and soy wax depending on the product being made. I would also like to expand into more products in the near future.
4. What are your business goals? Rather than focusing on long term goals and variables I cannot predict, I like to focus my immediate efforts on expanding my own independence day by day. I intend to expand my catalog as well as expand my business in the online world. Much of what I am doing is being played by ear. I find that remaining open ended allows for more opportunities and less difficulty in handling success in unplanned venues.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? The products I have tried from Natures Garden have been Frosted Gift Bags, Incense Sticks, DPG Solvent Liquid, Strawberry Cheesecake Lip Balm Kit and Rosemary Mint Type Fragrance Oil. Natures Garden is new to me, so I haven’t had the opportunity to try many products as of yet but look forward to trying more. As of right now, I really liked the strawberry cheesecake starter kit. It was easy to make and fun to do.
Your Website: Nicole’s Candle Collection
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NicholesCandleCreations