Soap Challenge Club
By Amy Warden, Great Cakes Soapworks
If you are looking for a way to expand your soapmaking skills, participate more in the soapmaking community, and compete for fun prizes, you will be excited to hear about the Soap Challenge Club! Soapmakers from all over the world can learn a new technique for cold-processed soap and compete for a significant prize every month! I am hosting and teaching the technique each month, but various soap supply vendors are sponsoring the grand prize. This month’s sponsor is Nature’s Garden, and they will be awarding a $50 gift certificate to the grand prize winner (2nd & 3rd place winners receive free registration to next month’s Challenge Club)!
The Challenge This Month:
Multi-Colored Gradient Soaps
Requirements to participate:
1. Basic knowledge of cold-processed soapmaking
2. Register and pay a small fee of $5.95 to gain access to the private area where the technique will be laid out via instructional video and written instructions.
3. Create a soap using the technique of the month.
Requirements to be eligible to win prizes:
1. Document the making and final reveal of your soap with photos and/or video! Create a blog post (preferred!), video on YouTube, or post photo(s) on Pinterest or a Facebook business page featuring your challenge soap entry.
2. Post the link to your challenge soap entry to the link-up while it is open! (Not sure what a link-up is? Here’s the one from last month’s Challenge Club: http://new.inlinkz.com/luwpview.php?id=306182)
Deadlines (all will occur at 2:00pm CST):
September 3, 2013 – Registration to participate will CLOSE
September 11, 2013 – The private link-up will OPEN
September 14, 2013 – The link-up will CLOSE, and members-only voting will begin
September 18, 2013 – Voting will CLOSE, winners will be contacted!
Once registered, you will receive a username and password as well as the link to access the password-protected post containing the video and written instructions to create multi-colored gradient soaps.