Slippery Elm Bark Powder
INCI (Ulmus rubra). Slippery elm bark is one of the ingredients in Essiac Tea. The American Indians used slippery elm bark as liquid bandages for wounds. When water is added to slippery elm bark, a slimy consistency is achieved. Herbalists use slippery elm bark for sore throats, upset stomachs, and to treat scrapes, cuts, wounds, and burns. The slimy consistency of slippery elm bark provides anti-inflammatory and soothing pain relief to sore throats and wounds. Slippery elm bark can be used in natural toothpaste recipes to relieve aching gums. Slippery elm bark has emollient properties that leave the skin soft and supple. It also has astringent properties that reduce redness.
Country of Origin: USA
Uses in Cosmetics, Soap, Ect.:
1. Slippery elm bark powder can be added to bath tea recipes
2. Slippery elm bark powder can be added to salves to promote healing of wounds.
3. Slippery elm bark powder can be added to facial masks as an anti-aging ingredient, to reduce swelling, and to promote healthy cell growth.
4. Slippery elm bark powder can be infused and added to lotion, cream, ointment recipes.
5. Slippery elm bark powder can be added to soap
6. Slippery elm bark powder can be infused and added to hair products
7. Slippery elm bark powder can be added to bath bomb recipes
8. Slippery elm bark powder can be used in natural tooth paste recipes
9. Slippery elm bark powder can be used in facial toner recipes
10. Slippery elm bark powder can be used in scrubs.
Note: Natures Garden sells our herbs for external use only. We do not sell them as food items. (The information we provide is for educational purposes only. This information is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration). Keep all herbs out of reach of children and pets. Special care should be taken by pregnant and/or lactating women when handling herbs. Natures Garden accepts no responsibility (written or implied) for any products you make with our herbs. All testing is the responsibility of the customer.
Purchasing this can earn you up to 24.99 ($0.24) or more rewards points!