Horsetail - Shavegrass
INCI (Equisetum arvense). Also called shavegrass. Horsetail got its name from the appearance of the plant; it branches out and is fuzzy like a horsetail. Herbalists typically use this herb as a diuretic. Horsetail contains the following nutrients for the skin: Vitamin C, antioxidants, silica, potassium salts, and a small amount of nicotine. Horsetail has astringent, styptic (stops bleeding), diuretic, anti-microbial, anti-fungal, and refrigerant properties. Horsetail is used in haircare, nailcare, and skincare products. Horsetail is used for weak and brittle nails. Due to its anti-fungal property, it is used to fight Athlete's foot. Studies have shown that horsetail has the ability to heal wounds, rashes, burns, skin lesions and acne. The high levels of silica that are found in horsetail help with the formation of new collagen; keeping the skin younger looking. The silica in horsetail is also helpful in shampoo and conditioner formulations because it promotes hair growth, helps reduce hairloss, and fights against dandruff.
Country of Origin: Hungary
Uses in Cosmetics, Soap, Ect.:
1. Horsetail can be added to bath tea recipes
2. Horsetail can be infused in oil and added to lip balm recipes
3. Horsetail can be ground and added to facial masks to provide wrinkle-smoothing, toning, skin tightening, and anti-aging properties.
4. Horsetail can be infused and added to lotion, cream, ointment recipes.
5. Horsetail can be ground or infused in oils and added to soap
6. Horsetail can be infused and added to hair conditioner to promote hair growth, reduce hairloss, and to fight dandruff.
7. Horsetail can be added to bath bomb recipes
8. Horsetail can be infused in massage oils
9. Horsetail can be used in facial toner recipes
10. Horsetail can be used in products that promote healthy nails.
11. Horsetail can be infused and used in aftershave recipes to stop bleeding after shaving, and to soothe the skin.
12. Horsetail can be ground and used in scrubs.
Note: Natures Garden sells our herbs for external use only. We do not sell them as food items. (The information we provide is for educational purposes only. This information is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration). Keep all herbs out of reach of children and pets. Special care should be taken by pregnant and/or lactating women when handling herbs. Natures Garden accepts no responsibility (written or implied) for any products you make with our herbs. All testing is the responsibility of the customer.
Purchasing this can earn you up to 11.99 ($0.12) or more rewards points!