2 lbs. Shea Butter Melt and Pour Soap Base
2 lbs. Black Melt and Pour Soap Base
2 oz. Bite Me Fragrance Oil
Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
Microwave Safe Glass Container
Rubbing Alcohol (in spray bottle)
Clean & Sanitize your work area and all of your packaging materials. It is suggested that you wear gloves, protective clothing, and a hair net while preparing this recipe.
1. Cut your soap base along the perforation. Each layer will use 4-6 cubes; depending on the stripes this can vary. For this recipe we have approximately 8 layers.
2. Melt 6 cubes of Shea Butter Melt and Pour Soap Base in the microwave. Heat the base for 30 seconds at a time until it is completely melted.
3. Add one teaspoon of Bite Me fragrance oil. Stir. You will add at least a teaspoon of fragrance oil to each layer of soap that you pour; using a total of 2 oz. of Bite Me fragrance oil for the entire recipe.
4. Pour the mixture into the mold. If you notice any air bubbles, spray them with the rubbing alcohol.
5. Allow this layer to form a skin. While you are waiting, prepare your next layer. This time use the Black Melt and Pour Soap Base. Prepare the same way you did the Shea Butter soap.
6. In order to create angles to the layers use something to prop the mold up slightly on one side.
7. Repeat this process until the mold is full. Allow to cool at room temp, or refrigerate to help soap release from the mold.
8. Remove the soap from the mold. Cut the soap using the mitre box and cutter.
Natures Garden is not responsible for the performance of any of the recipes provided on our website. Testing is your responsibility. If you plan to resell any recipes we provide, it is your responsibility to adhere to all FDA regulations. If there are ingredients listed in a recipe that Natures Garden does not sell, we cannot offer any advice on where to purchase those ingredients.