14 grams Beeswax Wax
43 grams Coconut Oil 76
27 grams Castor Oil
28 grams Cocoa Butter
1 gram Vitamin E Oil
20 drops of Tropical Paradise Flavoring Oil
1 Packet of Stevia Powdered Sweetener
Lip Tint (optional)
1. Clean & Sanitize your work area and all of your packaging materials. It is suggested that you wear gloves, protective clothing, and a hair net while preparing this recipe.
2. Weigh out the proper amounts of beeswax and cocoa butter.
3. In a double boiler, melt your beeswax and cocoa butter since they take longer than the other oils in this recipe to melt.
4. Weigh out the proper amounts of coconut oil 76, castor oil, and vitamin E.
5. Add those oils to your melted beeswax/cocoa butter mixture, and allow to melt thoroughly. Be careful not to get your oils/butters too hot or you will ruin them. Remove from heat.
6. While your oils are melted, crush the contents of the stevia sweetener and place powdered stevia inside the pull string tea bag. Place the tea bag in with your melted oils. Press on the teabag to allow fine particles of stevia to become dispersed in your oils. Stevia does not dissolve in oil, but if the particles are fine enough, they will disperse evenly. You will have some large particles of stevia remaining in your teabag. Wring the bag good to get all oil out of it.
7. Discard teabag containing the larger particles of stevia.
8. Add flavoring & lip tint (optional) to your mixture if you choose.
9. Place your mixture into lip balm pots using the transfer pipettes. Plastic pipettes work better than glass pipettes because they do not cool down your mixture as quickly as glass pipettes do. For a whipped butter look, whip your ingredients while they are beginning to set up with a mixer, then spoon into lip balm pots.
10. Allow to cool at room temperature.
Natures Garden is not responsible for the performance of any of the recipes provided on our website. Testing is your responsibility. If you plan to resell any recipes we provide, it is your responsibility to adhere to all FDA regulations. If there are ingredients listed in a recipe that Natures Garden does not sell, we cannot offer any advice on where to purchase those ingredients. We also do not offer any advice on formulating or altering recipes.