Other Ingredients & Equipment You'll Need:
Decorating Bag & Circle Decorating Tip
Cookie Sheets (2)- that you won't be using for food again
1. Prep work: Take one jelly roll pan and fill it with crushed ice. Lay another jelly roll pan on top of it (do not put ice on this second jelly roll pan).
2. Prep work: Cut pieces of aluminum foil big enough to cover the bottom of each metal cookie cutter, all the way up the sides of the cookie cutters, and slightly folded over the tops of the cookie cutters. We used 2 pieces of aluminum foil on each cookie cutter to create a proper seal so the wax would not seep out. Seal all 12 cookie cutters with this aluminum foil and have ready for melted wax. Lie them on the jelly roll pan.
3. Measure out 3 1/2 cups of Pillar of Bliss granulated wax.
4. Place the wax into a pouring pot. Using the double boiler method as described in one of our classes, melt wax on low on the stove until the wax is completed melted.
5. Add 3 drops of brown liquid candle coloring to melted wax and stir.
6. Add 1 oz. of Natures Garden's Gingerbread Fragrance Oil to melted wax and stir.
7. Pour melted wax into each prepared metal cookie cutters about 1/2 to 3/4 full. Be sure not to touch any of the aluminum foil, or your ornaments will not have smooth edges.
8. Allow to set up completely on the jelly roll pan.
9. Remove ornaments from cookie cutters.
10. Measure out 1 cup of Joy wax.
11. Place the wax into a pouring pot. Using the double boiler method as described in one of our classes, melt wax on low on the stove until the wax is completed melted.
12. Using a wire whisk, whip the melted wax until it is like frosting.
13. Place whipped wax into a decorating bag, and begin decorating your ornaments.
14. Use a nail, and slowly poke a hole through one arm of each gingerbread men. Poke twine through the holes.
15. Hang your wax ornaments on your Christmas tree; filling your home with the scent of fresh-baked gingerbread! Yummy!
Natures Garden is not responsible for the performance of any of the recipes provided on our website. Testing is your responsibility. If you plan to resell any recipes we provide, it is your responsibility to adhere to all FDA regulations if applicable. If there are ingredients listed in a recipe that Natures Garden does not sell, we cannot offer any advice on where to purchase those ingredients. We also do not offer any advice on formulating or altering recipes.