3. In a double boiler, melt your shea butter and beeswax since they are solid, and they need to be in a liquid state for this recipe. Be careful not to get your oils/butters too hot or you will ruin them. Stir occasionally.
4. Next, weigh out the proper amounts of sunflower oil, vitamin E and flavoring. Set aside.
5. Once the double boiler method has melted your shea butter and beeswax, remove this from the heat source and let cool slightly, but do not allow to return to solid state.
6. While you are waiting for your mixture to cool, weigh out the appropriate amounts of coconut oil 76 and beet root powder.
7. Using the double boiler, melt the coconut oil 76. Make sure not to get this too hot, or you will ruin this oil.
8. While the coconut oil 76 is melting, lay out a piece of wax paper. Fold the wax paper in half. Along one of the side edges, make about a one inch fold again. Repeat on the other side.
9. Now, in the opening of the wax paper, place your weighed out beet root powder. Carefully, set this on a flat surface.
10. Taking your rolling pin, slowly roll the beet root powder to break up any clumps. Be careful not to spill any of the beet root powder out. If you have a sifter, you may want to sift your beet root powder to remove any fine clumps.
11. Next, take the clump free beet root powder and place it into your mixing bowl. Set aside.
12. Once the coconut oil 76 is in a liquid state, add this to your mixing bowl containing the beet root powder. Stir with a fork until all clumps are once again gone.
13. Next, add the other weighed out ingredients to your melted shea butter/beeswax mixture, and stir.
14. Then, add your beet root paste. Stir.
15. Optional step- Add a dash of mica. Stir.
16. Place your mixture into lip containers using a spoon.
17. Allow to cool at room temperature.
We hope that you enjoy our Beet Lip Gloss!
Natures Garden is not responsible for the performance of any of the recipes provided on our website. Testing is your responsibility. If you plan to resell any recipes we provide, it is your responsibility to adhere to all FDA regulations. If there are ingredients listed in a recipe that Natures Garden does not sell, we cannot offer any advice on where to purchase those ingredients.