Other Ingredients & Equipment You'll Need:
microwave safe bowl
All of these ingredients are by weight:
380 grams Cocoa Butter Melt and Pour Soap
25 grams Vegetable Glycerin
12 grams Beet Root Powder
3 grams Citric Acid
Tomato Red FUN Soap Coloring
1. Clean & Sanitize your work area and all of your packaging materials. It is suggested that you wear gloves, protective clothing, and a hair net while preparing this recipe.
2. Cut and weigh out the Cocoa Butter Melt & Pour Soap Base. Place the soap in a Microwave proof bowl. Add citric acid. Melt soap at 30 second increments in the microwave until fully melted.
3. While your soap is melting, weigh out your beet root powder and vegetable glycerin. Place these two ingredients into your mixing bowl and blend until you have a liquid like paste.
4. Let the melted soap sit for about one minute.
5. Once the soap has cooled slightly, add the beet root paste. Stir. Add tomato red FUN soap coloring.
6. Next, pour soap into molds, and allow to cool and set completely.
7. Pop the soap out of the mold, and the bars are ready for use.
Note: Although we added citric acid to slow down the oxidation of the beet root, overtime the beet root will oxidize and the soap will turn more brown in color. This is why we opted to add the tomato red fun soap colorant to this soap.
Natures Garden is not responsible for the performance of any of the recipes provided on our website. Testing is your responsibility. If you plan to resell any recipes we provide, it is your responsibility to adhere to all FDA regulations. If there are ingredients listed in a recipe that Natures Garden does not sell, we cannot offer any advice on where to purchase those ingredients.