Let’s think outside of the box with gift baskets for the any occasion.
Gift baskets, especially ones filled with candle goodies are hot commodities particularly around the holiday season. What is really intriguing about this is the fact that now candles are being sold in stores that typically would not highlight homemade items. Places like hardware stores, gas stations, diners, and even doctor’s offices now have special stands set up to promote these items. So, let’s work on extending our customer base and maybe even finding new retailers for your products.
I can already fill the excitement of embarking on a brand new journey, so now, I am going to challenge you once again to start thinking outside of the box and explore some new aspects of candles and candle like items to put together in a gift basket. By embracing change, you are opening yourself up to new surroundings. The changes can be very little things, and anything counts. Maybe it is as simple as changing up the color scheme of your candles, or it could be offering a new and different shape of candle. Maybe you want to explore the world of new fragrances, and try a few that you normally would not carry.
In a quick little breakdown, here are some new “hot” ideas that you can use:
- Get well baskets using uplifting scents, or aromatherapy scents. These are great for hospitals and Doctor Offices.
- Try a flameless route. Do a gift basket that allows for clients who may not be able to have an open flame due to small children, pets, or living arrangements ex. Dorm rooms.
- Gel candles are a great way to really get creative on a new transparent candle spin, especially when you can explore the
fun avenue of embeds.
- If you are a pillar crafter- octagons are different and hot, as are square shaped ones. On top of offering the new pillar shape, you may also want to include a festive plate to burn the pillar on.
- Layered candles can be made with complementary scents, a different scent for each color. This is also a great way to promote some of your top selling fragrances as a combo candle.
- Find some funky shape containers for your candles. Different shapes are alluring visually. Try some “funky” weird fragrances! Natures Garden has an entire section of “weird fragrances“. How do scents like Monkey Farts, Elf Sweat, Snowman Balls, and Easter Bunny Burps sound to you? Have fun with it!!
- Tart warmers are really on the rise. So, have some fun and do embed tarts of holiday shapes. You can even stick with the traditional colors of the holiday.
- Votives and tea lights are the perfect size to sample out new fragrances. You can create a basket of just these items are call it a “smorgasbord of scent”.
- Find the interest of the community. It is very easy to type cast your baskets to the likes of the public. Maybe there is
a big game at the high school… you can create some really cool candles using the school colors.
- Let’s not forget our love birds. Engagement and Honeymoon baskets are great gifts. These do very well at bridal
stores and tuxedo rental businesses.
Any or all of these hot ideas can be used to create an amazing gift basket. One final suggestion that I can give is to print off business cards to include with the baskets, as well as some business cards to place by your items. This allows for potential clients to contact you if they have any questions or would like to special order items.
I do want to remind everyone that when trying new ventures, it is always important to test first before jumping in.
Finally, remember, changing it up not only adds a little spice and variety to your life, but it also provides for inspiration.
Fun for Everyone
(Corporate Manager of Natures Garden Candle Supplies)