1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: Lori Barrow, Windsor Hills Wicks & Lather
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I’m a stay-at-home mom and needed an outlet for my creativity that would earn extra income. I was working on the lines that I would carry for a candle and soap business when our daughter got sick in 2010. At that time, I started taking a closer look at the products that I was bringing into my home. Thankfully, her illness wasn’t as severe as originally diagnosed and I opened my Etsy based business in 2011. I’ve always loved candles, so I set out to start making stylish, high-quality candles that my friends and I would like and use.
3. What products do you make and sell? My main product line includes my crafty soy candles (canning jar containers with decorative handcrafted covers), wax melts, wax luminaries, body butter, spa salts & nail polish. I rotate out other products such as incense, burlap wall art, glass luminaries, facial masks, smelly jellies, salves and children’s bubble bath.
4. What are your business goals? I would like to grow my business from a home business to having a store front in our historic downtown that showcases locally made candles, soaps and crafts. We have a lot of insanely talented artisans in my area and I would love to own a shop that showcases them all, and offer the occasional class in crafting. I would also like to own a small manufacturing facility so that I could take on larger orders that I have had to previously turn down. Every candle that I create is an investment in not only my future; it’s an investment in the future of my family and this town that I grew up in and think of so dearly. It might be a struggle to achieve my dream, but I’m in this for the long haul and I can’t wait until all of my friends and everyone in this town try my custom container candles.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? My favorite products from Nature’s Garden are the fragrance oils and essential oils. Egyptian Dragon is heavenly, it is my best seller! Vanilla Spectacular is one of my favorite scents. People who normally don’t care for vanilla love Vanilla Spectacular! Another of my favorites is “Cashmere & Silk,” because it is an incredible scent! The essential oils that I have bought from Nature’s Garden have been great, I really love the patchouli essential oil and tea tree essential oil. In addition to the fragrance and essential oils, I love the variety of herbs and spices that you carry! Many of the body recipes that I make require the use of powdered herbs or spices and they are very expensive to buy locally. I’m very thankful that you carry the herbs and spices that I need. Your incense supplies are phenomenal!
Your Website: www.WindsorHillsWL.etsy.com
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/WindsorHillsWL
Blog: www.windsorhillswl.com ( I blog on my products and give craft DIY tutorials)