1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: Pennie’s Country Scents
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I was always playing with candle making then my husband bought me some candle making supplies for Christmas back in 2002 I believe it was. My playing kinda exploded from there and in 2004 I started taking my candles to craft shows. I have been in business for going on 9 years.
3. What products do you make and sell? I make all kinds of candles and wax dipped items (bears, toilet paper, snowmen and whatever else I find) 🙂
4. What are your business goals? My goal is to start selling more and more on line. I am doing really well at shows.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? Almost all my fragrance oils that I use for my candles come from Natures Garden. Also lots of odds and ends caution label’s, molds, color blocks. My favorite item ( that is hard you have so many oils that are wonderful); but I guess I would have to say right now it is Strawberry Rhubarb Pie.
Your Website: www.penniescountryscents.etsy.com
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pennies-Country-Scents/267870856965
1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: Delynn Burrell, Southern Hideaway Candle Creations
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I originally started making candles as a hobby to help with my candle obsession. From there it grew to doing them for Family and Friends for presents for Christmas, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Baby Shower Gifts. Finally a friend told me I just needed to open a store online and try selling them. So I did, this was back in 2007. I’ve grown over the last couple years, increased my designs and expanded to include Bath and Body type products as well as homemade candy.
3. What products do you make and sell? A little bit of everything, from Tarts, to Memorial Pillars to Specialty designs such as Praying Angel Pillars. I do realistic food and beverage types, Wax dipped Animals, Aroma beads, Incense, and of course my Favorite from Nature’s Gardens the Aroma Buds. I have a whole area dedicated to Pregnancy and Infant Loss which is very close to my heart.
4. What are your business goals? I want to continue to grow, to expand into more designs and mediums of wax as currently I only work with Soy and Gel. I would love to see myself grow enough to be able to fulltime support the purchase of my own domain and website, as currently we are only on Facebook. I truly just hope to grow as an artist, to continue to touch the hearts of my customers with the designs I put out.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden? We currently use many of Nature’s Garden’s scents, flavorings for lip balm, we’ve recently started the salt scrubs using products from Nature’s Garden, and we do the Aroma Buds. Our favorites as far as scents go is Cola, Apple Butter Caramel fragrance oil, and one we tested but haven’t seen added to the site yet called Apple Pecan Sage. We adore all the flavorings we’ve tried, our biggest seller is Monkey Farts and the Aroma Buds are probably are most favorite because we love Roses but hate that real ones die so quickly so it enables us to keep them year round.