Coconut Vanilla Fragrance Oil
1. What’s your name & Your Company Name – Marcy Moorhead, owner of Willow Bay Naturals
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I had been buying handmade soap from other people and decided to research how to make it myself. I have really sensitive skin and always had problems finding skin care products that worked for me that didn’t irritate my skin. I had an online sales business previously, that I had just recently sold and I was looking for my next project. So, I decided to put my time and efforts into learning how to make handmade soap and other natural skincare products. I started the business in 2009.
3. What products do you make and sell? I make cold process soap, lotion, lip balm, soy candles, air freshener, and essential oil aromatherapy products.
4. What are your business goals? I would like to make a decent living at doing what I love. It is still a work in progress, trying to streamline my product line into what I enjoy making and what is most popular.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden? Many of my favorite and most popular fragrance oils are from Natures Garden – Australian Bamboo Grass, Bite Me, Lily of the Valley fragrance oil, Loving Spell, Green Clover & Aloe, and Clean Cotton are all top sellers in Soap, Candles, and Room & Linen Spray.
Your Website: www.WillowBayNaturals.com
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/WillowBayNaturals
1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: I sell my soaps and body products under the name Bird Bath Essentials. The big umbrella of my business is The Robin’s Nest and encompasses my fiber and other interests.
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? There’s always been a little entrepreneur in me! I learn to do something and once I perfect it, I just have to share it with others. I started The Robin’s Nest in 1984 and added Bird Bath Essentials for the handcrafted soap and body products in the early 2000’s.
3. What products do you make and sell? My main body product is soap. I have developed my base recipe to include nourishing oils and then I enjoy adding herbs from my garden, different milks, seeds, colorants, etc. to individualize my bars. Enjoying the process, I consider each bar a little work of art. I also make cream lotion, body/bath oils, sugar polish, bath salts, lip and body butter. I knit, spin (on a spinning wheel not a bike!), and dabble in watercolors and polymer clay. Occasionally, you’ll find products that reflect these interests in my shop, as well. Always in the sharing mode, I also offer classes in knitting and traditional rug hooking and hope to add soapmaking to the list soon.
4. What are your business goals? My business goal is to make and offer nourishing body products – ones that are not only nourishing to the skin but to all the senses and the soul. I work fulltime as a registered nurse and my business dream is to reach a point where I can spend more time on The Robin’s Nest / Bird Bath Essentials than on nursing!
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? I’m in love with Natures Garden’s fragrance oils and really appreciate the descriptive information that’s provided for each one. Some of my best sellers include products that incorporate the following fragrances – Sea Salt & Lotus Blossom, Cashmere & Silk fragrance oil, Blackberry Jam, and Aloe Vera & Cucumber.
Your Website: www.etsy.com/shop/RobinsNest6
1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: Michelle L. Daniel of Tea Time Creations, LLC.
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I have always been interested in aromatherapy. My nightly ritual involved relaxing in a hot bath with my own special blend of essential oils. Since I have always been drawn to scented bath products, I wondered if I could make a soap with my special recipe of essential oils that I loved so much. I began researching soapmaking and decided to give it a try. I was addicted.
After experimenting with several different recipes, I wondered if I could incorporate my cake decorating skills into soapmaking. A friend who had seen my work suggested I take my soaps to a holiday craft event. One thing lead to another, and Tea Time Creations, LLC was formed the beginning of 2012. I haven’t given up my career as a court reporter, but I hope to someday make Tea Time Creations, LLC a successful business.
3. What products do you make and sell? I make custom designed soap into cakes and cupcakes. I also make three-tier cake stands to display my soap out of vintage china.
4. What are your business goals? I truly hope to someday make Tea Time Creations, LLC a successful business. Ultimately, I hope to do custom designs for weddings, showers, parties, etc. I really enjoy coming up with new designs and challenging myself to create unique pieces. I have always been drawn to the unique, and want to create a product which will memorialize a life event — that bride on her special day, a mother to be, or a child’s first birthday.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden? Being a new, start-up business, I have had the need and opportunity to order several products from several different companies. I find Natures Gardens fragrance oils to be the best. When a company is formed with the purpose of satisfying the sense of smell, the scents chosen are the most important ingredient, and Natures Garden wins hands down.
Your Website: www.teatimecreations.com
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/teatimecreationsllc
1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: Jodi O’Berry, Jodi’s Soapbox
2. Why did you decide to go into business? My now 23 month old daughter was diagnosed with Autoimmune Neutropenia requiring me to quit my nursing job and stay home full-time, so I took my passionate hobby turned into business to help supplement my husbands income & help pay on her medical bills. We homeschool our older child, so God has His perfect timing. What was your motivation? My children. How long have you been in business? A year.
3. What products do you make and sell? Handcrafted soaps, lotions and bath treats.
4. What are your business goals? Short term is to keep growing and long term is to eventually be able to have a studio to teach soapmaking classes as well as making bath & body products.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden? About 90% of my fragrance oils are from Natures Garden, I absolutely love them! The Vanilla Stabilizer is the best I have ever used. The emulsifying wax, stearic acid and btms are also great products. I also really like the Fractionated Coconut Oil. I could go on & on!
Your Website: www.jodissoapbox.com (Website is not completed yet, goal is April 1st to have it up and running)
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/jodissoapbox