1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: Shannon Petro – Walker’s Hollow
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I have always loved burning candles, so about ten years ago I started making my own. As it turned out, candle making was the perfect creative outlet for me. I honed in on soy because of it’s qualities vs. paraffin; it’s sustainable, made in America, long burning, soot-less and has excellent throw. My hobby has turned into my passion to make excellent products that I can proudly share with others to enjoy and appreciate. I started selling my products at vendor/craft shows last fall and am now stocked in four stores.
3. What products do you make and sell? Soy candles, tarts, air fresheners, room sprays and scented stuffed animals.
4. What are your business goals? My goal is to increase sales by at least 50% in the next twelve months. Implement a well designed web-site that is fast and easy to navigate. And to continue making products that leave my customers wondering why they ever bought anything else.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? I love your 464 soy wax along with the pillar of bliss. I enjoy all your fragrances and really like the NG Signatures. You keep so many wonderful scents stocked it makes it easy to have stock for all the different requests that come in. The helpful hints you have on your site are always very useful!
Facebook page: facebook.com/walkershollow
What’s your name & Your Company Name: My name is Michelle Pitzer and my company name is Natural Creations by Shell
I love to create and craft anything and everything I can get my hands on! I started making m&p soaps years ago because I wanted to try my hands at something new and I fell in love! It first started as just another fun hobby, then gifts for family and friends, and occasionally selling around Christmas time. Over the last year I have decided this is it and I have now been working on doing more craft shows and really trying to make this a full time business. I am making so much more than m&p and hand scrubs now, I’ve added a whole line of bath & body treats, candles, and many of the other crafts I enjoy making such as bookmarks, cat toys, and yarn wreaths. My passion for this seems to grow more and more each and everyday. I put great care and love in each and every product that I make. I would like to eventually have a little store with a workshop and hold classes as well. Coming across your website has helped spark the creativity! My favorite Natures Garden product is the Pillar of Bliss Wax, I love all the fragrance oils I’ve tried, aroma beads, herbs, lip balm base & flavorings, m&p’s, and the jars are just some of my favorite NG items!
Here is a photo of Eucalyptus & Spearmint Bath Bombs – Ingredients from NG include Avocado Oil, Eucalyptus EO, Spearmint FO, Eucalyptus Leaf, and Spearmint Leaf
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/naturalcreationsbyshell
1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: Anna Kimble, Kindled Scents
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? Looking for a hobby that would also allow me to make an extra income. Started in January 2006.
3. What products do you make and sell? Candles, Clamshell Melts, Air Fresheners
4. What are your business goals? To provide my customers with quality products in scents not found in stores. I am working with a few different small businesses that have allowed me to set up a sale display – looking for more small businesses to showcase our products.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? Pillar of Bliss Wax, Joy Wax, Tealight Cups, Fragrance Oils, Color Block Candle Dye
Your Website: currently working on developing a website
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/kindledscents