Hey all you cold process soapers out there! Are you looking for a new and exciting soap to make? Do you love to find new recipes to make? Maybe something fall like to go with the holiday season? Do you love calendula? Well here at Nature’s Garden we would like to introduce a brand new recipe for our Calendula Swirl Soap! This cold process soap is sure to be a hit for the fall season! All of your friends, family and customers will love this soap that is perfect for this time of year!
194 grams of Lye
517 grams of distilled water
55 grams of Sodium Lactate
408 grams of Pomace Olive Oil
408 grams of Coconut Oil 76
408 grams of Palm Oil
68 grams of Castor Oil
68 grams of Grapeseed Oil
90 grams of Aromatherapy Energizing Fragrance Oil
20 grams of Titanium Dioxide
3 grams Neon Yellow FUN Soap Colorant
1 gram of Yellow Oxide FUN Soap Colorant
3 grams of Orange Oxide FUN Soap Colorant
Always make sure to wear your safety gear when working with lye!
1. First, start with 517 grams of distilled water. Add 194 grams of lye to your water. Never add water to lye, always add the lye to water! Mix together and then set aside to let cool until it reaches about 90-100 degrees.
2. Combine and melt down 408 grams of Pomace Olive Oil, 408 grams of Coconut Oil 76, 408 grams of Palm Oil, 68 grams of Castor Oil and 68 grams of Grapeseed Oil. Make sure your oils are at a temperature within 5-10 degrees of your cooled lye.
3. Once your lye has cooled to the correct temperature, add 55 grams of sodium lactate to your lye water.
4. Once the temperatures are correct, add the lye to your oil mixture. Using a stick blender, blend it together until the solution is emulsified.
5. You will need 3 separate soap safe bowls for these next few steps. Pour 500 grams of the solution in one, and 500 grams in the other. Add 40 grams of your Aromatherapy Energizing Fragrance Oil and 20 grams of Titanium Dioxide Oil Dispersible to the leftover solution and mix together with the stick blender. Then pour 200 grams of the leftover solution into the third bowl.
7. In one of the bowls with 500 grams of the solution, add 1 gram of Yellow Oxide FUN Soap Colorant, 3 grams of Neon Yellow FUN Soap Colorant, and 25 grams of fragrance and mix with the stick blender.
8. In the second bowl with 500 grams, add 3 grams of Orange Oxide FUN Soap Colorant and 25 grams of fragrance and mix together.
9. Next, in a completely separate bowl, add all of the contents of the colored bowls and the contents of the 200 gram bowl, in dollops throughout the whole bowl. Then with a spatula, drag the spatula through the middle of the mixture and then back and forth around the whole bowl. Pour the mixture into your mold.
10. Let the bowl with the the leftover solution sit until it is about the texture of whipped cream and then pour on top of your mold and shape into whipped cream.
11. Last, add the calendula petals on top and allow you soap to set for about 24 hours and remove from the mold. Now slice the soap and allow it to finish curing. Enjoy your Calendula Swirl soap!
Calendula Swirl Soap is sure to be a fall season favorite! This is a soap that you should try as soon as possible to go with the autumn season. Please contact us with any questions and watch out for more Enlightened by Layla!