Posts Tagged ‘candles’
In 2008 I needed Christmas gifts for my family members , so I ordered a starter candle kit. After giving them as gifts others around my candles enjoyed them so much they asked if I could make more. I now have my candles in 3 locations including the local farmers market. I have been asked to be the candle supplier for a new farmers market opening soon. I do local craft shows, fundraisers and have a yearly fall open house at my home. I have been overwhelmed with the turn out of the open house. Everyone always looks forward to it in November. Next month I am having my very first Candle/Tart party where I will have cash & carry items, and will take orders. I will also be booking future parties with great gifts to the hostess. I sell Candles in jars, crocks and an apple shape jar, I live in apple country and our local high school’s mascot is an apple. The apple jar is only filled with apple scents to go with the theme. I also make tarts, I have them at a local hair salon and they are flying off the rack. I owe a lot of my success to Nature’s Garden for their wonderful products. I receive so many compliments on the scents that I use and they all come from Nature’s Garden. I recently visited my daughter who lives in another state and took her a starter kit and now she has her own business of Soy Melts using all Nature’s Garden supplies. Her first few weeks she sold over $400.00 in Soy Melts to neighbors and co workers, she is excited to do her first home party. Thank You Nature’s Garden for helping my daughter and me with our business, we love it!
Your Website: justmyscent.com
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/JustmyScent
I started making jewelry and was looking on YouTube and came across a soap making video ,I went home and try it and I was hook , I stated making for me and my family and surprisingly my family was like you need to sell them there are good and that is how my company started.
I make soaps cold process , hot process, glycerin and candles , I used the soy wax, wicks, and fragrances from Natures Garden my favorite is cashmere type fragrance. The soap cake is made with Natures Garden’s Euphoria Type Fragrance Oil.
Your Website: www.handcraftedhomemadesoaps.com
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HandcraftedHomeMadeSoaps
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/sanabriasbeautystore?feature=guide
Pinterest Page: http://pinterest.com/mariasanabria/
Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I started candle making over 12 years ago as just a hobby. I love candles and wanted to give it a try. I enjoyed making candles, however, life got in the way & I ending up taking a hiatus for about 5 years. Only making candles for certain people. I recently restarted with a whole new look, new name and all new candles.
What products do you make and sell? I make all types of candles as well as wax dipped critters. Recently I have tried my hand at some soap making & bath melts. Thanks to Natures Garden for the recipes and ideas to try.
What are your business goals? My new goals are to build my business with regular repeat customers. I want to provide a quality product that people can enjoy just as much as I did when I created it. I am currently working full time trying to get my business restarted.
What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? I always get my fragrances from Natures Garden. I find that they are reasonably priced and always excellent quality. I recently purchased items for bath melts. I would have never even thought of trying to make anything else but with the recipes it seemed too easy not to try. I can’t say that I have a favorite because I have not received anything I didn’t like.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CreativelyHandcrafted?ref=hl
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I decided to go into business after years of teaching preschool. I came across candle and soap making while finding crafting projects for the children and I got hooked. I have been in business for 7 years and did nothing but research and test for 2 years prior.
3. What products do you make and sell? I make and sell a range of bath and body items, air and carpet fresheners, and a variety of wax melts and candles.
4. What are your business goals? I strive to have not just great products that people can truly enjoy but great customer service as well.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? Some of the products I use from Nature’s Garden are their waxes and fragrance oils; both of which are constant must haves for me. Nature’s Garden is my “go to” supplier and always will be! I love Natures Garden fragrance oils; they are awesome quality fragrance oils and they carry a large variety. My current favorite is Frozen Margarita (in fragrance and flavor oil)!
Your Website: www.thompsontraditions.com
Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I have been in business for 5 years now. It started as a hobby, making things for family then expanded to family and friends and their friends and finally I just took the jump and decided to make a go of it and never looked back! It is so nice to have control what goes on your skin, I use the best ingredients available and keep things as natural as possible.
What products do you make and sell? I make all kinds of unique bath and body treats as well as candles and other gift items. I thrive on special orders and personalizing gifts to make it a one of a kind item people will treasure. I love a good challenge and it really keeps things interesting doing unique and very different products.
What are your business goals? Someday I hope to be financially stable and expand the business with all my family involved. And a beach house would be really nice also!!
What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? I have used everything from Natures Garden…They actually have EVERYTHING! I love the waxes, cosmetic bases, soap base, the packaging is wonderful but what caught my eye to Natures Garden years ago was the selection of fragrance oils not to mention the quality and prices, which helps a small business, survive in these times.
Your Website: http://www.bathsweetsandbodytreats.com/shop/
2.Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I decided to start this business because I work second shift and I don’t get to spend a lot of time with my son and I was hoping to be able to stay home with him. I opened my shop on Etsy on 2/14/13.
3. What products do you make and sell? At this point I sell candles and soaps. I hope to add lotions, lip balms, sugar scrubs, salt scrubs, lip gloss, and other bath and body items shortly.
4. What are your business goals? My goal is to be able to support myself and my son from home.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? I ordered some of my scents from Natures Garden and I love the Margarita fragrance oil one the best.
Your Website: www.KrazyKraftings.etsy.com
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Krazy-Kraftings
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/KrazyKraftings?feature=mhee
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I just started this business at the beginning of this year. I have always had the dream of owning my own custom candle shop in the small Southern Oregon town I was born and raised in. I am a single mother of a 12 year old son and would like to give him stability of knowing a trade, how to run a business and how to always make candles.
3. What products do you make and sell? I currently make Nag Champa Soy Candles and Oil.
4. What are your business goals? To sell candles and oils at local shops and Farmers Markets throughout Oregon until I can open my own custom candle shop on Main St in Klamath Falls, Oregon. I would like my shop to be full of scents so customers can create their own special scent, jar and wicks while we pour the candles in-house.
Your Website: http://mai-creations.com
Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I’ve been crafting my whole life and I had a brief flirtation with soap making for craft shows about ten years ago. When the economy hit me and I became unemployed I discovered that I suddenly had both time and motivation to re-energize my crafting and I began making soaps, candles and bath bombs and listing them on Etsy. My shop opened in 2010.
3. What products do you make and sell? I primarily sell soap, candles, bath bombs and solid lotion bars. I also toss in a few papercrafts like cards and gift tags and some of my photography and jewelry.
4. What are your business goals? My first goal is to make a product my customers love. I use the minimal number of ingredients and avoid chemicals everywhere possible to make skin-friendly, child-friendly, wallet-friendly products. On the financial side, this year my winter holiday season was successful enough that I can afford to go on one of my ‘bucket list’ photography trips this summer. If I can do that each year, I’ll be thrilled.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? Of course I go through a ton of fragrance oils in my business. Pomegranate and Peach are huge favorites with my customers. I also use the Dill Pickle for something a little off the beaten path. And of course there’s always the good old stand-bys like vanilla, lavender and coffee. I use the 415 Soy Wax in my candles as well as in my vegan-option lip balms and solid lotion bars (it replaces the beeswax).
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I am a full time caregiver to my husband who had 4 brain injuries in a 6 month period of time. This happened in Sept, 2006. I was always looking for a candle that had a strong calming scent in order to help keep my husband calm without medication. But was disappointed in how it burned and the scent throw. ( keep in mind these were grocery store candles) In 2010 I started searching the internet on how to make candles. I came across Natures Gardens website and found everything I needed to make my own candles, even steps on how to make candles. Finally in 2012, having free time and extra money, I decided to start a candle business. It was something I could make a little extra income doing at home so I could still be with my husband. My business started in Sept 2012.
3. What products do you make and sell? The products that I make are 13.5 oz and 6 oz container candles. Tea Lights and tart melts. I have more ideas that I will be doing in the near future.
4. What are your business goals? My business goal is just to produce a high quality candle that burns good and has an excellent scent throw to please my customers.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? Just about everything that I use comes from Natures Gardens. I use Joy wax, fragrance oils, wicks, coloring. My favorite products is the fragrant oils. Never new there were that many scents. I also love the Joy Wax that I purchase from Natures Gardens. With these 2 products I can make a high quality candle.
Your Website: http://www.motherlylights.com