1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: Taleda Giallanza – Bliss Body & Bath ~ Scentsational Sundries for Mind Body & Spirit
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I’ve been making body products for my massage business for about 10yrs, starting with body butters, adding salt scrubs, sugar scrubs, black sea mud for detox wraps and sea algae toning wraps. Making the products I used on my clients was inevitable; I didn’t like the feel of name brand creams/butters/oils or the lengthy list of ingredients including a lot of preservatives and chemicals. Also, I found it embarrassing to ask my clients if they’d care to wipe down before they dressed and left; that was a waste of my money and their time. So I began teaching myself the fun but precise art of crafting homemade body products for use on my massage patrons. My aromatic butters, the vast variety thereof and knowing they wouldn’t have to wipe off greasy oily goo from the bodies or risk staining their clothes was the seal on the deal. Their appreciation of my efforts encouraged me; when I fell into making many of my products Organic & Vegan word spread and I found more and more appointments booked via referrals. Their obvious approval of my Path took a turn when they began asking “Can you make me a jar of this butter? How much would you charge for a big jar of this scrub? I simply love your scentsational sundries!” And so, here I am using their words as part of my business name byline.
3. What products do you make and sell? Well, the question really is: What DON’T I make and sell!! I don’t do CP or any other type of soap except M&P. I want too but my love affair with M&P hasn’t run its course and quite frankly I simply don’t have any room left for supplies! Let’s see we’ll start with the bath/shower then move to the body starting with the head: all types of M&P soap, bath bombs, bath bomb melts, shower fizzers, bubble bath, bath oil, bath milks, 2 types of hair masques, for the face: 4 face cleansers, 4 toners, 4 serums, 3 day creams, 3 night creams, 4 different bases for about 200 different (so far) body butters, butter salt scrubs, butter sugar scrubs, body mud masques, body sea algae masques, yogurt body puddings, super skin conditioners with a lanolin base, heavy duty foot balms, cracked foot creams, foot baths/soaks, body splashes or spritzers, men’s shaving soap mugs, men’s face splash, Mother Earth Face Powders (most of the powders come from Nature’s Garden), Cleo Milk Powders, lip gloss flavored, non-flavored, Aromatherapy Oils, Feng Shui Oils and another type but I’m not telling! I’m learning how to make bronzers as Spring is here and Summer is coming! Did I leave anything out? LOL … having a sense of humor is vital in our business otherwise what’s the point?
4. What are your business goals? To rely on my body product business as my only source of income which means being successful enough that I may retire from Massage Therapy.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? Well, I counted all the Fragrance Oils and Essential Oils I have, (I try to keep a current list), and the last date was March 6th, 2013 ending total of 260. I’d safely say that 200 of them came from Nature’s Garden, about 30 of them I blended NG’s FOs to create my own blends and the rest from another supplier that I of course blended up with NGs FOs to make even more aromas. You simply can’t have too many, in my humble opinion anyway. Nearly all the A-Z powders I have (Botanical, Clays, Foods, Fruits, Herbs, Muds) came from Nature’s Garden. I LOVE the Yogurt Base – I call it Pudding – because to me when I whip mine up, that’s exactly what it looks like and feels like, and my clients agree. The only thing that hasn’t worked out for me is when I fall in love with one of your FOs and then you discontinue it – I am left wondering what the heck to do!
Your Website: I don’t have a website per say at the moment I do own my domain name thru GoDaddy. Of course I’m Trademarked. I mainly sell thru my massage spa room, thru Etsy and thru word of mouth that trickles around Facebook. I just discovered Storenvy and I am selling there; I started a Blog thru Google and WordPress and my massage website also is home to my products. I am really all over the place, like FOs, you simply can’t be in too many places! Sadly due to time, I haven’t developed any place I am selling to its full potential; that also is a goal of mine.
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/blissbodyandbath
YouTube Channel: Sadly I have yet to make a BBB video but it’s on my list somewhere between 1 and 999!! I do have an account though; love to see what Kim is up too!!