1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: Anna Kimble, Kindled Scents
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? Looking for a hobby that would also allow me to make an extra income. Started in January 2006.
3. What products do you make and sell? Candles, Clamshell Melts, Air Fresheners
4. What are your business goals? To provide my customers with quality products in scents not found in stores. I am working with a few different small businesses that have allowed me to set up a sale display – looking for more small businesses to showcase our products.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? Pillar of Bliss Wax, Joy Wax, Tealight Cups, Fragrance Oils, Color Block Candle Dye
Your Website: currently working on developing a website
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/kindledscents
What’s your name & Your Company Name: Hi my name is Amy Kocher at A & W Candles
Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I have been in business for 3 years now. It all started after I moved back to this area and I had my electric shut off and was begging for help. It sure was not a good time. But my daughter and I decided to do this to make a little extra money out of my apt to help with bills and to buy food. So that was my motivation to make sure I was providing for my daughter who at the time was a junior in high school, now she is a thriving college student at Kent State University and I could not be any more proud of her. Now in 2013 my motivation is to bring awareness to a charity who I hold dear to my heart Alzheimer Association of Ohio, my mom who recently passed away a few weeks ago had Dementia a form of Alzheimer Disease she was my rock, stood by me when no one else did, I decided I needed to be her voice in the fight of her life to let everyone know this is a disease that is heartbreaking to those who take care of them and those who have it, it is no fun watching a love one not remember who you are. So I now use my business for my fundraising efforts and make Purple candles to represent Alzheimer Awareness a hope for a cure one day.
What products do you make? I make two sizes of container candles 16oz and 8oz. I also make melts in the clamshells and 1 and 2 oz containers which you can pop out and be put in any warmer, I also make Air freshener bags called sachet bags.
What are your business goals? My business goals are not huge as I just work out of my Apt. but one day I hope to be retired from my full time job and do this on a regular basis, I would love to do craft shows and markets but most of them around here are only in fall and with a job its hard to do them all.
What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? I use just about everything from Natures Garden….Joy Wax, Fragrance Oils, cotton wicks, clamshell containers. My favorite product from Natures Garden is their fragrances there is so many to choose from and I do not have to order from anyone else to get them.
1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: Delynn Burrell, Southern Hideaway Candle Creations
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I originally started making candles as a hobby to help with my candle obsession. From there it grew to doing them for Family and Friends for presents for Christmas, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Baby Shower Gifts. Finally a friend told me I just needed to open a store online and try selling them. So I did, this was back in 2007. I’ve grown over the last couple years, increased my designs and expanded to include Bath and Body type products as well as homemade candy.
3. What products do you make and sell? A little bit of everything, from Tarts, to Memorial Pillars to Specialty designs such as Praying Angel Pillars. I do realistic food and beverage types, Wax dipped Animals, Aroma beads, Incense, and of course my Favorite from Nature’s Gardens the Aroma Buds. I have a whole area dedicated to Pregnancy and Infant Loss which is very close to my heart.
4. What are your business goals? I want to continue to grow, to expand into more designs and mediums of wax as currently I only work with Soy and Gel. I would love to see myself grow enough to be able to fulltime support the purchase of my own domain and website, as currently we are only on Facebook. I truly just hope to grow as an artist, to continue to touch the hearts of my customers with the designs I put out.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden? We currently use many of Nature’s Garden’s scents, flavorings for lip balm, we’ve recently started the salt scrubs using products from Nature’s Garden, and we do the Aroma Buds. Our favorites as far as scents go is Cola, Apple Butter Caramel fragrance oil, and one we tested but haven’t seen added to the site yet called Apple Pecan Sage. We adore all the flavorings we’ve tried, our biggest seller is Monkey Farts and the Aroma Buds are probably are most favorite because we love Roses but hate that real ones die so quickly so it enables us to keep them year round.
VALENTINE’S DAY BOUQUET
A fragrant assortment of soap on a stick, aroma buds, and aroma bead ornaments on a stick.
Aroma Buds (2 dozen total)
Aroma Beads (2 lbs)
Natural Goat’s Milk Melt and Pour Soap
Diamond Dust Mica Pigment
Red Liquid Candle Dye
Neon Pink FUN Liquid Soap Colorant
Victorian Heart Soap Mold
NG Angel Type Fragrance Oil
Fresh Cut Roses Fragrance Oil
Dare to be Sexy Fragrance Oil
Heart Shaped and Cupid Cookie Cutters
Metal Baking sheet that you do not plan to cook food on again
Large Glass Pyrex Measuring Cup with spout
Ribbon for Decorating
Small Paint brush for applying mica pigment
1. Prepare the Aroma Bead Ornaments:
A. Pour ¼ cup Angel Type fragrance oil into the Ziploc bag. Add 3 drops of Red Liquid Spectrum Candle dye. Never use food coloring or soap dyes to color aroma beads. Seal the bag. Gently shake.
B. Pour 1 cup Aroma Beads into the Ziploc bag. You will want to shake the bag until all of the liquid is evenly dispersed among all of the beads. Allow aroma beads to thoroughly absorb fragrance oil (this may take days). Add a
pinch of Diamond Dust mica pigment. This will make your heart ornaments look like rubies.
C. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
D. Place 6-7 metal cookie cutters (hearts and cupid) on the cookie sheet. Take the prepared aroma beads and carefully fill each cookie cutter approximately 1/4 inch. You will want to spread your prepared aroma beads evenly throughout the cookie cutter.
E. If you would like to have a hole in your air fresheners (for hanging purposes), you will need to use screws/nails. Place a ¼ inch diameter screw/nail head-down in the spot where you want the hole to be located. Leave the
screw/nail in during the whole cooking process.
F. Bake aroma beads in oven for about 5-6 minutes (or until the beads have melted together). It is normal to experience some smoking.
G. When the beads are melted together, remove the cookie sheet from the oven.
H. Allow the air fresheners to cool. Remove the cookie cutter and screw/nail from the air freshener.
I. Carefully peel the air freshener off of the cookie sheet.
J. Poke the pointy end of a kabob skewer into the base of each ready made ornament.
2. Prepare the Aroma Buds:
A. Using a transfer pipette, place 2-3 drops of fresh cut roses fragrance oil on the very tips of the aroma buds. Do not spray aroma buds, and do not place fragrance oil close to the base of the bud, or the petals may fall off.
3. Prepare Victorian Heart Soaps on a Stick:
A. Each block of Natures Garden Natural Goat’s Melt and Pour Soap is perforated into 40 cubes. Each cube is approximately 1 oz. Melt a total of 15 cubes of soap in microwave. Heat the base for 30 seconds at a time until it is
B. Once soap is completely melted, add 4 drops of Neon Pink FUN liquid soap color, plus 1 Tablespoon Dare to Be Sexy Fragrance Oil. Stir.
C. Pour mixture into Victorian heart soap molds. Spritz with some alcohol to remove any air bubbles. We allow our soap to set up in the refrigerator or freezer so that it releases more easily from the molds.
D. Once soap is set up, pop out of molds.
E. Using a small paint brush, apply a small amount of diamond dust mica pigment to the detailed areas of the soap. This will give the soap some bling bling!
F. Poke pointy end of kabob skewer into the base of each of these soaps.
4. Add some unscented aroma beads to your vase before adding your arrangement parts.
Add your aroma buds, aroma bead ornaments on sticks, babies breath, and scented soap on sticks to the vase. Decorate vase by adding a bow.
Natures Garden Candles and Soaps Supplies
Hey friends of NG!
Let’s start the week off right with two new BRAND-NEW recipes!
GLAMOUR AROMA BEAD AIR FRESHENER
Scent your room in style with these glamorous scented air fresheners!
[Download the recipe]
And our second recipe this week:
Kiss of Death Lip Butters
A FUN, glittery twist on boring lip balm. You’ll love it!
[Download the recipe]
For more recipe ideas, including candles, soaps, air fresheners, bath & body, and visit our website. Don’t forget to fan us on Facebook (if you haven’t already joined over 19,000 others!) for the latest recipe updates.
Have an AWESOME week! Smiles!!
Hey friends of NG!
Hope you’re having a great week. As I mentioned before, we’ve been hard at work to bring you some new recipe ideas, including candles, soaps, air fresheners, bath & body, and more. In fact, we’ve only just begun!
Here’s what’s new this week:
Vacuum Air Freshening Beads in the making!
VACUUM AIR FRESHENING BEADS
Freshen the air with these easy-to-make beads!
[Download the recipe]
Solid perfume with an added shimmer. Beautiful!
[Download the recipe]
Don’t forget to fan us on Facebook (if you haven’t already joined over 16,000 others!) for the latest recipe updates. Show & Tell is also tomorrow, and we’d love to see your latest creations! See you then.