1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: My name is Jennifer Snyder and I own JS Homespun Creations.
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I have always been a creative and crafty person. I started making gift baskets and party favors, which slowly turned into making my own candles to put into those gift baskets I was making. I soon figured out that the gift basket biz was for a special kind of customer and not for an every day customer, so I decided to focus my attention on just making candles. I also make soap and other bath & body products, which started with a lot of research and reading about herbs, oils, and pre-made bases. JS Homespun Creations was born in the Fall of 2010, and this year will be my 3rd year selling at local craft shows. I participate in about 20 craft shows a year.
3. What products do you make and sell? I make soy candles, handcraft soaps, and natural bath & body products, like scrubs, lotions, and bath bombs.
4. What are your business goals? For this year, my business goals would be more advertising and sales. I live in a small town, so getting my name out there has been at the top of my list. A big dream of mine, as I’m sure with most crafters, is to one day open my own shop.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden? Oh my goodness, I probably can keep NG in business! It’s become my one stop shop for supplies. From your fragrance oils to your plastic jars. I love that NG has decided to add the herbs, carrier oils and butters to their product line, it has truly made my life easier! One of my favorite products is the natural Goat’s Milk soap, I love it and my customers do too!!
Your Website: http://www.jshomespuncreations.com