From Cake Decorating to Soap Making
1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: Michelle L. Daniel of Tea Time Creations, LLC.
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I have always been interested in aromatherapy. My nightly ritual involved relaxing in a hot bath with my own special blend of essential oils. Since I have always been drawn to scented bath products, I wondered if I could make a soap with my special recipe of essential oils that I loved so much. I began researching soapmaking and decided to give it a try. I was addicted.
After experimenting with several different recipes, I wondered if I could incorporate my cake decorating skills into soapmaking. A friend who had seen my work suggested I take my soaps to a holiday craft event. One thing lead to another, and Tea Time Creations, LLC was formed the beginning of 2012. I haven’t given up my career as a court reporter, but I hope to someday make Tea Time Creations, LLC a successful business.
3. What products do you make and sell? I make custom designed soap into cakes and cupcakes. I also make three-tier cake stands to display my soap out of vintage china.
4. What are your business goals? I truly hope to someday make Tea Time Creations, LLC a successful business. Ultimately, I hope to do custom designs for weddings, showers, parties, etc. I really enjoy coming up with new designs and challenging myself to create unique pieces. I have always been drawn to the unique, and want to create a product which will memorialize a life event — that bride on her special day, a mother to be, or a child’s first birthday.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden? Being a new, start-up business, I have had the need and opportunity to order several products from several different companies. I find Natures Gardens fragrance oils to be the best. When a company is formed with the purpose of satisfying the sense of smell, the scents chosen are the most important ingredient, and Natures Garden wins hands down.
Your Website: www.teatimecreations.com
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/teatimecreationsllc