Love Day Baskets
As we all know Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. It is a day meant to be filled with love and appreciation for one another. Typically, this is considered a lovers holiday. This very special day is filled with flowers, chocolates, cards, and romantic evenings. So, since we are all business minded, it goes without saying that we are all super busy making our loved themed products in preparation for this big occasion.
This is our time to shine.
No one knows the female market better than we do. We also know that many men shop for this day last minute with little to no thought behind their purchases. So, let’s take these two factors, and solve the problem.
What do women want? This question has plagued man since the beginning of time. We are such wonderfully complex beings; it is hard for men to understand. I know that I do not have to elaborate on this topic. To make a quick generalization, we want everything and nothing at the same time. It is this very tangled web that men cannot grasp. But hey, there is nothing sexier than a little mystery. Women know this.
So, how do we correlate this into a suitable gift? Well, as they say, “You can lead a horse to water…”
If you have read any of my earlier posts, you know that I am a huge homemade gift basket advocator. If you haven’t, you do now. I’ve done a little research and coupled that with some out of the box thinking to come up with some unique ideas for Valentine’s Day gifts. My main objective when compiling this list was to take the uncertainty out of present purchasing for men, while still satisfying the wants of women.
Unique Valentine’s Day Gifts:
Now he can have everything he needs to show her he cares, with very little thinking involved!
- A “Snuggle and Cuddle Basket” containing a handmade fleece tie blanket, romantic movie, microwave popcorn, and candles or tea lights scented with Endlessly in Love fragrance. Perfect for a night in together.
- A “Dinner is on Me Basket” containing all of the items and ingredients to make a delicious meal. Along with these items, include two pillar candles scented with Aphrodisiac to set the mood. Now, he can cook like a pro. A little FYI for everyone: According to my research, the most loved and appreciated gift that men did for women on Valentine’s Day last year was cook them a dinner for a romantic evening in. By selling a basket with all of the items that a man would need to make dinner, not only are you providing a one stop shop, but you are also preventing them from having to go to no man’s land… aka the supermarket.
- A “Bath time Butler Basket” containing soap, Ritzy bath gel, and soap dipped rose petals all scented in Magic Potion. Don’t forget to add the sponge, or loofah. Everything he needs to give her a relaxing bubble bath.
- An “Undying Love Vase” filled with aroma buds scented with NG Beautiful Type. Unlike the 200 million stems of roses that will be sold near Valentine’s Day, her roses won’t be expiring any time soon.
- A “Capture our Love Basket” including a disposable camera, 3 x 5 photo album, love stickers, and red and black sharpie markers. This way, whatever way they choose to celebrate Valentine’s Day, he can give her the memories to keep forever.
These are some really great basket ideas for increasing your sales as we approach the anticipated Love Day.
Remember…Love can mean many different things to many different people. As always, there are various factors that feed into this equation too. The most important thing to remember is feeling special and loved on Valentine’s Day is great, but feeling special and loved the other 364 days of the year is one gift that is in everybody’s price range and doesn’t need a gift receipt.
Fragrance & Fun for Everyone
Inspire, Create, and Dominate!
(Corporate Manager of Natures Garden Candle Supplies)