Alright Ladies, now that I have your attention!
I think it is safe to say that every woman wants their ideal Manly Man. We dream of our knight in shining armor that will sweep us off our feet and make all of our fantasies reality, or at least I do. But, I often wonder if this Perfect Man even exists?
Well, he has to. My reasoning-Taoism, just like yin and yang, good and evil, opposite factors must exist. I know for a fact that Womenly Women inhibit the earth. They are everywhere. If you need to see proof, just look in the mirror.
We are women; irreplaceable, affectionate, perfect, sexy beings who can do it all. In today’s society, it has almost become the norm that we are expected to be everyone’s everything; the “Jack-of- all-trades” so to speak. We’re unpaid CEO’s of the house, chiefs, chauffeurs, maids, doctors, accountants, therapists, landscapers, personal assistants, referees, coordinators, the list is endless. And I am not even talking about our full time careers in the workforce, this all takes place afterhours. What a reality check for any woman. I know in my life, if my days are not filled with a million things to do, then I must still be sleeping.
Honestly, it did take some adjustment in accepting all of these roles as I am sure it does for any woman. I can look back now, and say as a young girl, playing house with my Cabbage Patch Dolls and cooking desserts in my Easy Bake oven can’t even hold a candle to what is expected of women today. Well, the blunt truth as painful as it sounds is we have no choice. I can tell you that at first, I did not lovingly accept my responsibilities. I did it kicking and screaming, complaining and whining, fighting them tooth and nail all the way. There was even a short period of time when I went on strike. The result of all this pouting; double the work load, because no one else was stepping in. It was at this point that I realized fine, I am going to take these crappy lemons and make the best hot pink lemonade anyone has ever tasted.
I had to be realistic. There was no way I was going to get everything done I needed to each day without going into overdrive and burning myself out. Then I realized the secret to success is time management. My plan of attack was a spiral notebook in which I wrote everything I needed to do down. I updated it as needed. No smoke screens here: it is very overwhelming, but with a positive attitude, very attainable.
Once I had my master to do list written down, the next step was to prioritize it. This involved breaking the list up into three categories: a daily, weekly, and monthly agenda. From this point, it was easier to breathe. I also felt more organized and energized to tackle my daily duties.
In fact, the feeling was so inspirational that I thought there has to be others out there that share my main pain as a 2011 Womanly Woman. So, hence this blog and the free super cute to do lists that are also available to help anyone that wants to harmonize their lives too. We women need to stick together!
Brief pause for the roaring applause for Womenly Women around the World!
Here are some key tips to remember:
- Be flexible- you have to readjust matters if need be. Agendas are not concrete, they’re just guidelines.
- Work your to do list, don’t let it work you- prioritizing is key, hit the hardest most important items first, then the rest
is easy breezy and you can go from there.
- Celebrate when you get to highlight something off your list. Choose a really fun color highlighter too.
- Know which days are your power house days. These are the days that nothing holds you back. These are also great days to try to get ahead.
- ***Most Important*** Set aside time everyday just for you. Call it “My Me Time”. Do NOT sacrifice this time either. It is Mandatory! Spend the time focused on yourself. Do things that make you happy like crafting and creating your product line! One of my favorite me time projects is swirly soap. It is a blast in a bar!
The proverbial Great Wall of China was not built overnight, so stay focused, work hard and celebrate the small stuff. So what if your overall to do list contains 15 pages and is still a work in progress, as long as you can highlight one thing every day, you can chalk it up as a Win.
Hungry for more…
There are some really smart tips out there that help you save time around the house too.
Suggestions are things like:
- When you put your children’s clothes away, to fold them in outfits.
- Shop for holiday and birthday gifts year-round. Whenever you see a great gift for someone you love, buy it and set it aside for giving later.
- Keep disinfecting and glass wipes in the bathroom for quick cleanups around toilets, sinks, and mirrors. You could even do a speedy wipe-down while you bathe the kids.
- Get rid of one bag of clothes, toys, and books for every bag that comes into the house. It means less stuff to clean up.
To see the list of all 50 ways to save time around the house click on the link below:
Fragrance & Fun for Everyone
Inspire, Create, and Dominate!
Sparkles!!! Nicole (Corporate Manager of
Natures Garden Candle Supplies)