How to Make Your Own Scented Christmas Cards
Sending holiday cards to family and loved ones is a seasonal tradition for many people this time of year. Whether the holiday cards are store purchased or handmade, receiving one in the mail certainly brings a smile to anyone’s face. So, when you are sending out your own holiday cards this year, why not include an extra special element; that of fragrance! At Natures Garden, we figure with scents this good, you can’t go wrong!
Scrapbooking cards and memory albums are great ways to really make a project your own. With a clean canvas and an ingenious mind, the world can be your oyster. The whole essence of scrapbooking could be summed up in just one word: preservation. Usually, there are three fundamentals that contrive a great scrapbooking design. They are photos (of course), memorabilia, and the stories behind the memory that is being encapsulated. But, did you know that one of the most powerful keys to recall memories is through the sense of smell. So, we figured this is right up our alley.
In the true spirit of scrapbooking, we wanted to add our own special touch to our design. Hence, the scented scrapbook card was created. Although, you can replicate our recipe verbatim, also feel free to make it your own as well. You can of course use any of Natures Garden’s fragrance oils to scent what ever theme your scrapbooking project may be. However, if you are looking for a great holiday fragrance oil for your Season’s Greetings cards, please check out Natures Garden Holiday selection. You will have no problems finding the perfect scent to truly embrace the feel that you are looking for.
One of the reasons why this holiday recipe is so amazing is because it truly allows for your imagination to thrive. So, let’s get put our crafty caps on, and get the creative juices flowing.
Here is what you will need:
1. Scent 2 oz. of Elmer’s Glue with 30 drops of Hansel & Gretel’s House Fragrance Oil.
2. Scent 2 oz. of unscented hairspray with 30 drops of Hansel & Gretel’s House fragrance oil.
3. Add a few drops of Hansel & Gretel’s House fragrance oil to your desired soap paints.
4. Apply scented glue to the areas of the card that you plan to adhere glitter, candy balls, and other décor.
5. Paint the portions of your Christmas card with your scented soap paints.
6. Spray your Christmas card with your scented hairspray.
7. For an extra bonus, make recipe cards with some of your favorite family recipes and place inside card.
But remember, the fun does not have to stop there. By scenting the Elmer’s glue and hairspray, you can fragrance any of your scrapbooking projects. Just simply replace any adhesive steps out with your scented glue and you are good to go. This project idea brings a whole new meaning to scrapbooking memories!
Fragrance & Fun for Everyone
Inspire, Create, and Dominate!
(Corporate Manager of Natures Garden Candle Supplies)