Cold Process Soap from Scratch
1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: Hello, I am Tanya from Titania’s Dreamy Delights
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I started my soaping journey almost 6 years ago….. it all began when I was looking for a rainy-day school holiday activity for my children and I found an online supplier for ‘melt & pour’ soap bases. My kids weren’t really very interested, so I used it to make moulded soaps myself. I quickly decided that adding luscious shea or mango butter, as well as milk powders and aloe vera gel, gave me soap that I could actually use. Up until then I found that any store-bought soap dried out my skin terribly and gave me an irritating itch. I was hooked!
I had never felt particularly creative as a person (that is how I saw myself – that I didn’t have a creative bone in my body) and although I had been involved in personal development allowing me to work on and improve my mind, it wasn’t until I developed an interest in soaping as a hobby that I tapped into my unknown creativity! I felt just like a thirsty soul being offered a drink of crystal clear water…. I fell in love. It was a wonderful awakening for me and continues to be to this day.
I began formulating my Cold Process (made from ‘scratch’) soaps more than four years ago and have since added bath, skin care and facial care products; all designed to gently care for and pamper skin. I have a background in skin care training/sales and use this knowledge to create products that are designed to target all skin types and conditions. My area of specialisation is cold process soap-making and I have an almost magical feeling making every batch of soap – the chemistry and synergy created expand my awareness, my ability to live in the moment and simply makes me happy. I feel there is so much more I can do to develop in this area and I am enjoying the journey immensely. I hope I never arrive at my ‘destination’ as it is just too much fun continuing to learn and grow.
3. What products do you make and sell? ~ see paragraph above; plus soy wax aroma melts.
4. What are your business goals? ~ to continue my soaping journey, developing improved recipes to suit every skin type. In doing this I will be servicing my customers needs with products that not only help their skin – they satisfy all the senses (except maybe taste!).
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? So far I have only purchased fragrance oils from Natures Garden. Shipping cost to Australia where I live can be quite pricey so I maximize this by getting top quality fragrances that work so well in my cold process soap, bath and body care products.
Your Website: via Facebook
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TitaniasDreamyDelights
Tags: body safe fragrance oils, childhood wholesale fragrance oils, cold process soap, cp soap testing results, homemade soap, soap fragrance oil, soap fragrance oils, soap making supplies, soaps, wholesale fragrance oils