Cold Process Carrot Soaps
The history of Scent Savvy has very humble beginnings! It started out as a hobby for Bill Baldwin to pass time while he was rehabilitating from surgery. Knowing that Bill liked to do things to benefit people, a friend mentioned soap making and suggested that he go look at a soap company in a nearby town. As his interest in his hobby grew, he began doing research on his own about soap. His own daughter has battled with a skin condition her whole life, so his immediate focus was on formulating a bar of soap that would calm and soothe her skin (thus, the birth of our wildly popular Creamy Carrot soap). In the meantime, his rehab was going well but it became clear that he would not be able to perform the job he’d been doing his whole life. It was time for a career change! His success with the Creamy Carrot soap inspired him to create and experiment even more. Starting out in his garage, Bill began to accumulate more and more products and equipment. Soon, he moved into the kitchen, then the den. And then the other rooms. He had the best smelling house on the block! When it became apparent he had nowhere else to go, he moved into the building in Richland Hills, Texas where we are today. And, Nature’s Garden products are everywhere! Family owned and operated, we have 4 very busy full time employees! We’re all involved with every aspect of handcrafting, marketing and selling excellent bars of soap! In addition to that, we’re working to develop body wash to add to our line of products! From Main Street in New Bern, North Carolina to Main Street in Grapevine, Tx, our soaps are becoming more and more popular. And we all believe that when God closes a door, He opens a window because that’s how Scent Savvy was born!
1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: Scent Savvy Soaps and Bathworks
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? Owner, Bill Baldwin, started out soap making as a hobby while he recovered from surgery. He was motivated to create a bar of soap that would improve his daughter’s skin condition which she has suffered from all of her life. We’ve been in business since 2010.
3. What products do you make and sell? Right now, we’re focusing on soap. However, we’ve been developing a body wash, scrubs, lotions and lip balm.
4. What are your business goals? We’re not putting any limits on our dream. We want mostly to continue to provide quality skin care products and maintain an excellent relationship with our customers and to continue to do the little “extras” for people that set up apart from other companies. We’re getting into stores that are on the “main streets” of our state and beyond.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? Gosh! That’s like putting a person who loves chocolate in a chocolate factory and asking them to choose the chocolate they love best! But seriously, we mostly use Essential oils and Fragrance Oils from Nature’s Garden and we LOVE them! You would think that from supplier to supplier there wouldn’t be too much difference. But Nature’s Garden is the best!
Your Website: www.scentsavvy.com
Facebook page: Scent Savvy Soaps and Bathworks
Tags: carrot soap, cp soap testing results, essential oils, fragrance oils, natures garden candle supplies, soap fragrance oil, soap fragrance oils, soap making supplies, soaps, wholesale fragrance oils