1. What’s your name & Your Company Name? My name is Kelli Brown-Groblewski, owner/operator of Okie Crowe, LLC.
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? During a job transition, I began making soaps from my husband’s leftover beer brewing ingredients. Soon after sharing them with friends and family, a friend suggested that we share a vendor booth at a local arts festival. As I began to create soaps for the event, a full-blown business venture began to emerge. Since the spring of 2011, I have developed a full product line and have secured 16 current retailers.
3. What products do you make and sell? Okie Crowe produces beer soaps, felted soaps, scented soaps, beer bomb bath fizzes, hand scrubs, sachets, Bark n’ Beerscuits dog treats (made from leftover beer grain), homebrew beer kits and refill kits, beer decor, and more. I also have coordinated the apparel (t-shirts and onesies) and Squigglechick Designs (pet collars, key chains, and luggage tags made from repurposed beer labels) product lines.
4. What are your business goals? My current business goals include securing additional Okie Crowe retailers further across my home state, finally securing retailers outside of Oklahoma (none to date—boo!), developing my business plan and honing my vision of what I would like my store front to be (bath and body/gift shop OR gift shop to the Okie Crowe brewery?!?, and working to create a livable income for myself through my business.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? Okie Crowe’s favorite Nature’s Garden products are Beer, Cannabis Flower, Dill Pickle, and Money fragrance oils. Beer fragrance oil and ground hops combine to create Okie Crowe’s most authentic smelling beer-scented soap, Tallboy. Beer fragrance oil is combined with Cannabis Flower fragrance oil to create Okie Crowe Schwilly Mama soaps. Cannabis Flower fragrance oil is also used in Okie Crowe’s Cannabis Flower and Stanky Hippie soaps. Okie Crowe Dill Pickle soap, made using Nature’s Garden Dill Pickle fragrance oil was featured in a local about town blog in spring 2012. The Money fragrance oil is used in Okie Crowe’s Beer Money soap. The Vanilla Color Stabilizer is also a great product that has helped me minimize color changes in my soaps. When I initially began making soaps, I had no idea why my soaps were changing colors after being on store shelves a while. After much stress and some research, your product helped me uphold the integrity of my products.
Your website: www.okiecrowe.com
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/OkieCrowe