1. What’s your name & Your Company Name? Lance Smith-Lantzwicks
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? To be able to make creations with my own standards. Seeing some possibility the more I was creating. 1 Year.
3. What products do you make and sell? Scented soy candles at the moment. Looking forward to trying some Pillar of Bliss sometime!
4. What are your business goals? To make a great product that people love! Also have a real shop sometime!
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? The 6.5 oz. hex jars I’ve used, and Fragrance Oils. Burning an “English Ivy” soy candle right now! I think 7-8 oils I’ve used and cant say I have favorite one.
Your Website: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LantzWicks
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LantzWicks
1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: Ashley Priester & AP Home Decor
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I decided to go into business after a falling out at my previous job 4 years ago. I told myself I would never work for someone like that again and decided to take my future into my own hands. I went to the library, took out books on candle making since I loved burning them and found a clean way to make them and sell them to others who love them as much as me. I have been doing this for over 3 years now.
3. What products do you make and sell? I make all natural soy candles, wax melts & I also personalize ceramic wall plaques as a décor item for your home, office, etc.
4. What are your business goals? My business goals are falling into place nicely. Someday very soon I hope to have a store of my own selling the products I make, along with many others from friends I have made along the way or inspired to take up a crafty hobby.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden? I love everything from Natures Garden. I buy my soy wax and scents. I love the choices available for scents. When my customers ask me if I have a scent I tell them there is a very good chance I can get it for them, which makes them happy customers!!
Your Website: www.aphomedecorstore.com
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/aphomedecor
1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: My name is Jennifer Snyder and I own JS Homespun Creations.
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I have always been a creative and crafty person. I started making gift baskets and party favors, which slowly turned into making my own candles to put into those gift baskets I was making. I soon figured out that the gift basket biz was for a special kind of customer and not for an every day customer, so I decided to focus my attention on just making candles. I also make soap and other bath & body products, which started with a lot of research and reading about herbs, oils, and pre-made bases. JS Homespun Creations was born in the Fall of 2010, and this year will be my 3rd year selling at local craft shows. I participate in about 20 craft shows a year.
3. What products do you make and sell? I make soy candles, handcraft soaps, and natural bath & body products, like scrubs, lotions, and bath bombs.
4. What are your business goals? For this year, my business goals would be more advertising and sales. I live in a small town, so getting my name out there has been at the top of my list. A big dream of mine, as I’m sure with most crafters, is to one day open my own shop.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden? Oh my goodness, I probably can keep NG in business! It’s become my one stop shop for supplies. From your fragrance oils to your plastic jars. I love that NG has decided to add the herbs, carrier oils and butters to their product line, it has truly made my life easier! One of my favorite products is the natural Goat’s Milk soap, I love it and my customers do too!!
Your Website: http://www.jshomespuncreations.com
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/JS-Homespun-Creations/163418423669880
1. What’s your name & Your Company Name…. Soy Creations By Shellie
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I love making creations . My motivation is when everyone tells me they have never had a candle as good as mine and the love that I put into my creations . I’ve been in business since 2009.
3. What products do you make and sell? I sell unique candle and bath products.
4. What are your business goals? I would like to open up my own supple store and would love to teach classes on candle making
5. What are some products you use from Naures Garden? I get 98% of my fragrance oils from natures garden along with all my melt and pour soap base. My favorite fragrance oils are: pink sugar, mango papaya fragrance oil, best friends, banana nut bread. But as of as right now whole wheat bread fragrance oil is my overall favorite scent of all…but to tell you the truth that’s a hard call; they are all good
Facebook page: Soy Creations by Shellie
1.What’s your name & Your Company Name?
Liz Flugel, Liz’s Country Collectibles
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business?
I have always been a *crafty* person so this gave me a way to channel my energies and ideas into a business, especially after people kept complementing me on my items, asking me if they could buy my items and telling me I should go into business for myself. I have had a Washington state business license for approximately 20 years.
3. What products do you make and sell?
I do a wide variety of items from soaps, lotions, bath salts, bath fizzies and soy wax candles & tarts to Red Hat bears, Victorian bears and home décor that includes decorated wreaths, swags, window boxes, bird cages and assorted silk floral arrangements. During the last year I also added a bakery line of candles & soaps that includes soy wax cobblers, pies, muffins & cinnamon rolls as well as soap cinnamon rolls, cupcakes, carrot cakes, brownies & donuts.
4. What are your business goals?
To continue to make quality products at a reasonable price and to keep promoting my business so it reaches more customers. I have currently sold items to not only the U.S. and Canada but also to the U.K. and Greece.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden?
I use a variety of your fragrance & essential oils and herbs. I was particularly THRILLED when I found your Huckleberry Harvest and Spiced Cranberry after the suppliers I used to purchase comparable scents to these two went out of business since these are two of my top selling fragrances. And I love, love, LOVE your prices because they are very reasonable and allow me to keep my prices down which is very important in today’s economy.
Facebook: Liz’s Country Collectibles