My name is Vanessa Paris and I’m the owner of “My Candle Box”.
Hi, my name is Vanessa and I’m responsible for “My Candle Box”. I’ve been open since May 2012 and I enjoy making candles, clamshells, and tarts. The waxes I use are soy and para-soy wax. Making wax goodies brings a smile to my face. Besides making wax goodies for family and friends, I also make them for myself as well. My little hobby has lead me to make a shop on Craft Cafe. I hope you get to experience my soy and para-soy goodies and enjoy them as much as I do.
I have displayed a picture of my Soy Drizzle Melts which includes the following fragrance oils from Natures Garden: Apple Explosion: McIntosh and Green Apple Explosion (Pink), Sweet Orange Chili Pepper (Orange), and Blueberry Cobbler (Blue).
Your Website: http://craftcafe.co/shop/mycandlebox/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mycandlebox
1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: Potting Shed Candle Co.
2. Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I started my candle business just last April. It’s been a long time dream of mine to start a line of good quality candles. My husband is in the military and we got orders to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba in 2011 and I thought this was the perfect time to start, considering there isn’t much here for entertainment. It has given me plenty of time to get it all up and running. So far it has taken off great! What’s even better is I get to supply a product to my military community wherever we go.
3. What products do you make and sell? I make soy blend candles in all different sizes and also specialize in making candles in unique containers. We offer a huge variety of wax melts and room sprays. I use high quality oils to give you the best possible scent to fill your home. I hope to offer a much bigger variety once we make it back to the good ole USA this summer.
4. What are your business goals? This is just the start for me, I have created my candle line to sell online and at festivals and craft fairs but I am on my way to my own shop located in my hometown of Saint Mary’s West Virginia once my husband has retired from the US ARMY.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? I use all of my waxes and oils strictly from Nature’s Garden. They were the first ones I tried and I thought I would have to try many different ones to find a great quality but I haven’t even considered anything else. I love them! I would say my absolute favorite item would be the Blueberry Muffin fragrance oil. It continues to be a best seller of mine.
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pottingshedcandleco
What’s your name & Your Company Name: My name is Katrina Wood and my Company is called Innascents.
Why did you decide to go into business? What was your motivation? How long have you been in business? I love Scented Candles. After our first daughter was born in 2006 I became more aware of the chemicals that are in different products being used around the house. After researching alternatives for scented candles I stumbled onto SOY. That’s when my company INNASCENTS began in 2010. The vision is to create an eco-friendly candle that burns clean, doesn’t leave a carbon footprint and changes the world one soy bean at a time. All of our candles are proudly hand crafted in Guelph, Ontario. We only use the highest quality SOY, cotton cored wicks and premium, uncut fragrance oils that are free of added “fillers” and pesticides.
What products do you make and sell? Currently we produce and sell Soy Container Candles and Cube Wax Melts in a variety of fragrances. We attend the local Guelph Farmers Market every Saturday and offer “refills” of our container candles at a reduced cost. We will also be attending the Made by Hand Show at the International Centre in Mississauga on April 20th.
What are your business goals? The business had paused for a bit after the birth of our second child but is now back and looking forward to the future. Our goal is to continue informing consumers about the benefits of Soy and creating a brand that people can trust.
What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? Some of the very best fragrances we use come from Natures Garden. Some of the best sellers are the Sacred Sandalwood, Aloe and cucumber and Baby Powder. We look for high quality fragrance oils and that is what you can find with Natures Garden’s products!!!
Your Website: www.innascents.com
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/innascentssoy
1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: My name is GaLonda Chatman and my companies are Candle Addiction & Purely Positive Body Care Products.
2. Why did you decide to go into business? I was tired of working for corporate America. I came from a long line of entrepreneurs. Its in my blood, so I decided to step out on faith and give it a try!
3. What was your motivation? My motivation was my mom. She is disabled and I wanted the freedom to work from home and be there whenever she needed me. My addiction for candles also motivated me.
4. How long have you been in business? It will be 3 years on April 1st!
5. What products do you make and sell? I make Soy Candles, Tea lights, and Soy Melts. Under my body care line I make brown sugar scrubs and body butters.
6. What are your business goals? To employ more “Candle Ladies & Candle Guys”, I have recruited ladies and men to sell my products. To open another candle boutique and also a school of learning. My long term goal is to be a supplier of candle making products like Nature’s Garden.
7. What are some products you use from Natures Garden? Fragrance oils! I get about 85% of my oils from Nature’s Garden. The variety is amazing! 3 years later and I am still trying new scents.
Your Website: http://www.candle-addiction.com
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Candle-Addiction/10150123002595165
CT River Candles is located in Haddam, Connecticut on the banks of the Connecticut River. Our soy candles are hand poured using 100% soy wax. We use the finest fragrance oils designed to provide the maximum scent possible. Over 60 scents are available in three jar styles and candles can be requested dyed or undyed with either black or nickel lids. Our most popular jar style is our 16oz CT River Inspired Mason Jar. It features Connecticut River photos on the label and customers love this look. We also make Soy Melts, Tarts, Soy Wax Dipped Plush Dog and Cat Air Fresheners and sell candle accessories. Purchases can be made on our website or at one of over 30 retail locations.
1. What’s your name & Your Company Name: Brenda Hunter, CT River Candles
2. Why did you decide to go into business? I started my business in 2007. I had been out of work due to back surgery and started searching candlemaking to pass the time while I was laid up in bed. By the time returning to work came around, I decided that a career change would be better for my mind and body. Since we had also changed our residence during this period to a home on the Connecticut River, I decided it was the perfect name for my business.
3. What products do you make and sell? I sell Soy Candles in 3 size jars as well as Soy Melts, Tarts, Firestarters, Auto Scent Tins, Soy Wax dipped Plush Dog and Cat Air Fresheners as well as Candle Accessories.
4. What are your business goals? My goal has and continues to be, to continue to grow my business while maintaining the quality and attention to detail that my customers have come to expect and appreciate.
5. What are some products you use from Natures Garden; what are your favorite products from Natures Garden? My favorite Natures Garden products would be your fragrance oils. They are great quality and you have a wonderful selection and reasonable prices.