1. My name is Allison Cole. My company name is Candy Mountain Candles.
I live near the smoky mountains and I love that song “On the big rock candy mountain.” I thought it would be a neat name for my shop.
2. I have been in business since the summer of 2012. I decided to go into business because I have always had a huge interest in candles. I researched how to make them from the Nature’s Garden online classes and it is a great stress reliever for me. I work in mental healthcare and making candles for people is my form of therapy!
3. I make soy blend mason jar candles. I use an 8 oz. or 16 oz. mason jar. I also make tarts, tealights, votives and aroma beads.
4. My goal is to increase my sales on Etsy and increase my social networking base- I would like to have more fans on my Facebook page. I would also like to start selling at my local farmer’s market. My long term goal is to be able to make candles full time. I really love it.
5. I use all of my candle ingredients from Nature’s Garden except the jars. I love the Joy Wax and I use that for everything but my tarts and votives- for those I use Pillar of Bliss Wax. I really love all of Nature’s Garden scents– some of my favorites are Aphrodisiac, Yuzu and ALL of the Lush dupes!!